Turns out, old mills make great tiny homes! This stone windmill in Portugal still has the old gears that made it function up in the bedroom, along with vaulted wooden ceilings that make you feel like you’re hidden away in a fairytale tower.
But even if the stone looks rather Medieval, the accommodations are not. There’s a full bathroom, a kitchenette with a cooktop and fridge, and even a cozy fireplace for cool nights. You can eat outdoors and look out at the breathtaking countryside.
Don’t miss other van conversions for sale like this, join our FREE Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter for more!
Moinho Da Fadagosa Provides Fairytale Experience
Stepping inside, you’ll find a cozy fireplace and a well-equipped kitchenette, complete with a cooktop and fridge. The rustic stone sink adds a touch of character, while the inviting atmosphere invites you to prepare delightful meals in this quaint setting.
Ascending the staircase reveals a sight to behold. The upper level showcases the mesmerizing gears, paying homage to the windmill’s rich history. The beautiful wood ceiling adds warmth and elegance, creating a serene bedroom setting that makes you feel truly transported to another time.
Welcome to the enchanting Moinho Da Fadagosa, a historical stone windmill cottage tucked away in the Portuguese countryside.
This unique tiny home embraces the charm of its medieval origins, featuring captivating vaulted wooden ceilings and even the original gears that once powered the mill, providing a fairytale-like experience.
Indulge in modern comforts within the historical surroundings.
The bathroom boasts a mix of tile and stonework, featuring a shower, toilet, and vanity.
Every detail has been carefully designed to blend seamlessly with the rustic ambiance, offering a harmonious blend of old and new.
This is the spiral staircase that takes you to the bedroom.
The magic of Moinho Da Fadagosa extends beyond its walls. Step outside to dine al fresco and immerse yourself in breathtaking countryside views.
The rolling hills create a picturesque backdrop as you savor delicious meals while surrounded by nature’s beauty.
And when it’s time to unwind, relax in a hammock by the nearby stream, letting the soothing sounds of flowing water lull you into tranquility.
- Moinho Da Fadagosa is a historical stone windmill cottage in Portugal, offering a unique and enchanting experience.
- ‘The cottage preserves its medieval charm with vaulted wooden ceilings and original gears from its milling days.
- Despite its historical appearance, the cottage provides modern comforts such as a full bathroom, a well-equipped kitchenette, and a cozy fireplace.
- Guests can enjoy dining outdoors while admiring breathtaking countryside views.
- The bedroom, accessible via a spiral staircase, features beautiful wood ceilings and a captivating view of the gears.
- The bathroom seamlessly blends modern amenities with rustic elements, creating a harmonious ambiance.
- Outdoor relaxation options include hammocks by a nearby stream, allowing guests to unwind amidst nature’s tranquility.
- The hosts live nearby and are readily available to assist guests throughout their stay.
- The surrounding area offers various attractions, including a river flowing through the land and nearby river beaches.
- Booking a stay at Moinho Da Fadagosa promises a memorable experience that combines history, natural beauty, and tranquility.
If you’re seeking a truly unique and memorable holiday experience, Moinho Da Fadagosa is the perfect destination. Despite its secluded location, this windmill cottage offers all the modern comforts you need for a remarkable stay. With friendly hosts residing in a cottage nearby, you can rest assured that your needs will be attended to. Moreover, the surrounding area boasts attractions worth exploring, including a river flowing through the land and river beaches in close proximity. Book your stay on their website or Airbnb and embark on a journey that blends history, nature, and tranquility.
- Book Your Stay on Airbnb
- 1800s Windmill Tiny House with 360 Views
- Tiny, Round, Stone Pepper-Mill Cottage in France
- Old Smock Windmill Cottage
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- His Incredible DIY Adventure Rig - September 22, 2023
- Solar-Powered Gooseneck Tiny Home - September 22, 2023
- Her Stealthy and Affordable Box Truck Home Built for $8.5K - September 21, 2023