I love a yurt, and these steel-framed yurts from WeatherPort are a cool modern twist on the traditional structure. Their unique design is wind-and-snow resistant and sets up more quickly than most wooden yurts on the market today.
These yurts come with a number of color options and range in size from 12 to 30 feet in diameter. They make great ADUs and the bigger ones would easily house a small family in “tiny” style. Check them out below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Customize Your Own Yurt Today!
They offer a number of color choices that blend in or stand out.
You can have a comfortable loft bedroom.
There’s a steel ladder that folds down.
It would make a great guest house.
- Diameter Peak Eave
12′ 10.8′ 8′
18′ 12.9′ 9′
20′ 13.5′ 9′
24′ 14′ 9′
30′ 15.1′ 9′
- Engineered to meet the specific wind and snow loads of your location
- 36″ acrylic dome skylight with actuator
- Powder-coated steel frame
- 36″ w x 80″ h personal door with window and covered awning
- 24″ w x 48” h sliding glass windows with screens
- Cover & liner set, kedered
- Enerlayer™ insulation, kedered (optional)
- Loft with ¾” finished wood decking and hinged ladder system (optional)
- Flooring systems and decking (optional)
- They Built A Yurt Home And Share How To “Do It Yurtself“
- 1974 Coperthwaite Wooden Yurt Getaway in New Hampshire
- Tiny Yurt In The Woods On Six Acres In Vermont
Our big thanks to Sam for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Yurts | Tiny House Vacation | Vacation
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Couple & Baby in Southwest-Inspired Van with a Murphy Bed - April 1, 2023
- 31′ MitchCraft Tiny with Amazing Closet Space - March 31, 2023
- Rejecting Social Norms at 30 in Their Skoolie - March 31, 2023
Glamping at its finest.
Yeah, the offer of the company to design it for every weather and wind load is great and a steel frame seems to me more durable, too. Essential is the correct load calculation. I have seen light steel frames bending during FL typhoons.
The modern and fresh look is another plus. Well done.