This is ‘The Starling’, a 14’x14′, 250-sq.-ft., rustic, off-grid, tiny A-frame cabin in Swannanoa, North Carolina.
It has a modern, moody vibe, and is highly reviewed on Airbnb. Would you ever consider building a rustic little cabin like this? Or maybe staying here for a few nights? Check it out and learn more below!
Don’t miss other incredible tiny homes and cabins like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
The Starling 14’x14′ A-frame Tiny Cabin in Swannanoa, North Carolina
The inside features decorative lighting, an all-wood interior, exposed beams, beautiful custom windows, a book collection, and a built-in couch with pillows.
There’s this huge window in the back of the cabin.
The tall sleeping loft has a really nice triangular window. What do you think so far?
Back on the main level, there’s a wood dining table with a drawer and hinged extensions.
The beams and framing are exposed throughout this A-frame cabin.
There is a nearby outhouse. There is no running water in the cabin but an outdoor showering kit is provided and can be used on the back deck.
This is what it looks like at night.
- Rustic A-frame with a Back Porch known as “The Starling”
- Atop the ridge
- Year-round mountain views from the back porch
- Hike up Rhododendron Ridge Trail
- Bee Tree Creek
- Asheville and Black Mountain are just 15 minutes away
- One hour to Great Smokey Mountains National Park
- Light-filled A-frame
- Surrounded by Beech, Birch, and Maple Trees
- The back porch is 10-feet off the ground because of the slope on the land
- Seven large windows
- Wood stove
- Twinkle lights
- Screens on all of the windows
- Full-size mattress in the loft that sleeps two
- A third person can sleep on the window seat downstairs
- Single burner butane burner for cooking
- Dining table and clean water for drinking and washing up
- The kitchen is stocked with plates, bowls, cups, silverware, wine tool, french press, a frying pan, sauce pan, and a cooler for perishables
- There is a fire pit outdoors too for cooking
- A pocket shower is provided for use as an outdoor shower on the back porch
- Board and baton outhouse is down the trail about 50 feet, path lights provided plus a flashlight
- The outhouse is fully equipped with toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- The property does have WiFi but there is minimal to zero cell phone service but the WiFi will help
- Watch sunsets over the mountains from the back porch
- Start a camp fire in the fire pit
- Hike to the top of the trail using Rhododendron Ridge Trail
- Wood is provided for a small fee
- You are also free to forage for your own wood
- Dogs are welcome, additional fees may apply
- 15 minutes to Asheville
- The Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah Nation Forest are 10 minutes away
- Great Smokey Mountains National Park is just over an hour away
- Charles Owen Park is less than 2 miles away with a playground, fishing pond, trails, and a baseball field
- The cabin is 400-feet away from the parking area
- The Solo Prefab A-frame Tiny House by Avrame USA
- Tiny, Modern A-frame Cabin in Marble Falls, Texas
- The Black A-frame at Two Black Cabins
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Young Wild and Tree House in Georgia is a Vintage Trailer Bus on Stilts - February 1, 2023
- Four Tumbleweed Tiny House Plans for Free (2023) - February 1, 2023
- Pre-owned Escape Tradition Tiny House For Sale - January 31, 2023