No, it’s not “tiny,” but Jacqueline’s Solar-Powered New Mexico Artist’s Studio, on 10 beautiful acres, looks like the spot to be!
The 800 sq. ft. home sits near the Chama River Valley and is completely off-grid. This might be the perfect spot to start your self-sufficient life. It’s currently for sale and you can get in touch with Jacqueline with more questions or an offer at [email protected].
Related: Brikawood Studio Kit: Build A House with Wooden Bricks
Solar-Powered New Mexico Artist’s Studio
What a stunning view!
Gotta love a good wood burning stove.
Fun and funky open kitchen with hanging storage for pots and pans.
A peek at the door and that fun tree.
Plenty of windows to let in natural light while working.
Now that looks like a cozy little spot.
Love the slate blue wall in the bedroom. Very relaxing.
Spacious bathroom with more natural light.
Related: Blake’s Micro Backyard Studio with Floor Planter
Covered porch outside — great to get out of the sun!
What a sweet archway leading into the property!
Live your artist dream in this handcrafted adobe home/studio near the Chama River Valley that inspired Georgia O’Keeffe and so many other pioneers. Custom windows looking out to expansive views will entice your creative spirit. This contemporary building with old world charm sits on 10 acres with vista views of Cerro Pedernal, Jemez and Sangre de Cristo mountains, juniper and piñon pines, cultivated vegetation with established native shade trees, bird habitat, high desert wildlife and total privacy!!! Fifteen minutes from the Abiquiu Pueblo, and a short drive to Ghost Ranch, Plaza Blanca, Christ in the Desert and more! Walk out the kitchen door to the El Rito creek.
Feel the freedom of off-grid, low carbon footprint living with southern passive solar exposure and solar electricity. The 800 sq. ft. open floor plan offers spacial generosity in which to make your own. Amenities include propane generated cook stove and hot-water heater, washing machine hook up, studio sink, mini-refrigerator, bathroom with tub/shower, septic system, landline/Wi-Fi and wood burning stove. Water catchment system and plumping in place. Affordable well estimates available by request. Additional north side 12′ x 30′ covered outdoor work space.
Contact owner to schedule an appointment.
Serious cash buyer inquires only.
$210,000.00, beautiful home/studio on 10 acres.
- Lot Size: 10 acres
- Construction: passive solar; insulated adobe construction; stucco; Pro Panel roof; custom double-paned windows; dutch doors
- Size: 800 sq.ft interior space with 30’ x 10’ outdoor covered portal
- Year Built: 2011
- Property type: single family; additional building sites
- Zoned: residential
- Heat: wood burning stove, passive solar
- Bath: full bathroom with tub
- Kitchen: gas range, mini-refrigerator
- Water: catchment and delivery
- Sewer: certified septic system
- Power: total off-grid system
- Landscaping: xeric and permaculture practices with native vegetation and shade trees
- Other: 28 gallon propane water heater, 100 gallon propane tank
- Solar Array:
- 4 Kyocera 125 watt modules total 540 watts in two strings
- Tristar MPPT charge controller 45 amps output 24V
- Inverter Trace SW 4 KW true sine wave voltage 24 volts
- Battery Bank: 8-370 AH each @ 6 volts each total;740 AH
- The house is located in the Santa California subdivision with amazing northern New Mexico views and great neighbors! You will need a high clearance vehicle suitable for country roads.
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- They Spent 3 Months Renovating Their Narrowboat Home - March 21, 2023
- 1.5 Years Building his $3,000 School Bus Tiny Home - March 20, 2023
- Content Creators & Family in Their 2021 RV - March 20, 2023
Woww. I want to have it in the future
It’s so pretty 🙂
Thank you for posting my house for sale on the Tiny House Newsletter!
Our pleasure, Jacqueline!
I really liked this one! =)
Awesome property in the Land of Enchantment. And at a good price.
Great place, and I bet the night sky is stunning from there!
I love a lot of houses that are built in New Mexico, but I don’t think I could really bring my self to live in it’s state because of all the nukes that have been stock piled there…! Then you have all those nuts running around claiming they saw UFO’s flying around all the time…. Other than that a very beautiful state….!
Haha 🙂 My mom grew up there moving around in small towns. She prefers the North East! I’ve only been once, and it’s too barren for me (in the area we were, I know there are mountains!). But, it does look beautiful depending on where you are.
I wasn’t kidding about the nukes..! There was a released government report a few years back that had specified the exact amount of nukes stored there , and sorry to say the mountains you were looking for, well that is exactly where they house all those nukes… Actually there was even a documentary on the history, or discovery channel which also showed a great big tunnel which led to caverns where they actually stored the stuff sorry to say…! It is a shame as New Mexico does have a lot of beautiful land all around those mountains….
I’m all for self sufficiency