This is the story of a single father who wanted to simplify his life after divorce by living in a tiny house with zero debt so that he wouldn’t have to stress about money and be able to spend more quality time with his daughter.
So he converted a shed into his very own debt-free tiny home and has been living in it for over three years. He was even featured on HGTV! You can enjoy a video tour of his tiny home plus enjoy an interview with him below thanks to the folks at Our Journey to Bliss.
Don’t miss other great tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
Single Dad Turns a Shed into his Debt-free Family Tiny Home
The kitchen is nicely organized with open-shelving.
A miniature refrigerator to keep the groceries fresh.
Wall storage is a life-saver in tiny spaces.
The more you can hang, the better!
It’s a 12′ x 20′ shed with a bathroom and kitchen.
The living area doubles as a walk-in closet, and even triples as bicycle storage.
It all started with a $4,000 shed.
And he built from there. An additional $6,500 was spent (not including elbow grease) to make it home.
Video Tour and Interview… He Turned a $4,000 Shed Into A Tiny Home
- 12 x 20
- Approx 360 sq. ft. including loft space
- Started with a $4,000 shed
- Materials to build/convert approximately $6,500
- Something similar to this can be replicated for $10,000-$12,000 if you do it yourself
- His motivation was to spend more quality time with daughter, travel together, and be able to pay cash for their home
- The tiny house features a kitchen, bathroom, living area, and two lofts
Please learn more using the links below. Thanks!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Roger’s Cottage, 675-sq.-ft. Retreat in Downtown Raleigh - October 15, 2020
- Liz and Ron’s Married Life In A Van - October 14, 2020
- Expedition Evans: From Van Life to Salvaging a Sailboat - October 14, 2020