You know what they say about location, location, location. This modern vacation cottage designed by the famous Canadian architect, Brian MacKay-Lyons, has an idyllic seaside setting in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia with sheep and horses grazing in the nearby pastures. It both blends in and stands out among the weathered buildings nearby.
The two-floor cabin has an open-concept first floor with a kitchen, living area, and cozy wood-burning stove. Walk upstairs to the bedroom loft with grand cathedral ceilings featuring exposed beams. There’s a nice living space outside, as well. What do you think of this home?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Modern Cottage with Pasture and Seaside Views in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Look at this setting! Idyllic.
Keep warm by this wood-burning stove.
Beautiful pastoral views out the large picture window.
Sleek European-style kitchen.
There are two beds upstairs in the standing-room loft.
Basin sink and industrial lighting.
In the day you can look out the window.
Nice outdoor living area.
The rusty/weather siding has a lot of character.
What do you think?
- Designed by Brian MacKay-Lyons
- Located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada
- One large bedroom with two queen beds
- Flat-screen TV
- South-facing views overlooking the Troop Barn
- Pastoral landscape and Hirtle’s Beach in the distance
- Full bathroom
- Galley kitchen
- Open living area with leather furniture
- Extra sleeping nook
- STUV woodstove
- 24’ north-facing window
- Interior steel elements connect with the exterior cladding
- Furnishings are an eclectic mix of new and old to reflect the modern and traditional dual personality of GateHouse.
- WonderINN Mirrored Glass Cabin Norway
- Rustic Tiny Cabin Vacation on Private Pond in Canada!
- Gorgeous French Cabin in the Wild
Our big thanks to Marilyn for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Cabins | Tiny House Vacation | Vacation
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 31′ MitchCraft Tiny with Amazing Closet Space - March 31, 2023
- Rejecting Social Norms at 30 in Their Skoolie - March 31, 2023
- Look at the New Units at the Tampa Bay Tiny House Village - March 31, 2023
The walls and ceiling seem to lack insulation. Is it SIP construction? insulated floor? infloor heating?
I love everything about that home even living out on the countertop range it’s AwesomEly beautiful out there
I really love all the lighting they have out in the country too.
love the concept, but so much I would change………… to my taste.
…and to your taste is just that. Not someone elses, but yours. And that is how it should be. Many people put down other peoples choices, heck, I’ve even done it. Much to my eternal shame…