At 688 square feet, the house features a front porch, breakfast nook and even under-the-stairs reading cubby that doubles as a single bed. Up a grand staircase you’ll find one queen canopy bed, and then downstairs is a second queen bedroom. The compact kitchen in the back of the house has everything you’ll need to cook up a meal!
Don’t miss other interesting small homes – join our FREE Small House Newsletter for more!
Katie’s Kottage by Plum Construction in Galveston, Texas
We interviewed the designer/builder, Christine Plum, want to listen in as you enjoy this post?
Large living room for gatherings.
The book nook under the stairs doubles as a single bed.
Or climb into the mini loft to read.
Plenty of pillows make this a cozy spot.
Look at those grand exposed beams!
The staircase leads to the upstairs bedroom.
View from the top of the stairs.
A four-post canopy bed looks magical upstairs.
Perfect cozy breakfast nook.
The petite kitchen with all the necessary appliances.
It sits right next to the bedroom.
Here’s the downstairs bathroom.
While Christine has put a clawfoot tub here, the new owner of the Airbnb added this stand-up shower.
The grand Master bedroom with mini-split AC system.
Great use of a pocket door between the bathroom and bedroom.
And outside is this lovely patio area!
- 688 square feet
- Cathedral Ceiling, giving it a rustic/modern aesthetic.
- Front Loft area complete with Bluetooth Vinyl record player (selection of current and retro classics Vinyls)
- Reading Nook A selection of books and games provided
- 2 Full Beds, Sofa and single bed in reading nook. Pillows and linens provided.
- The second story loft bedroom, accessible by stairs, features a custom canopy full size bed beneath a 35 foot exposed beam ceiling.
- Smart TV (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Ect.)
- Bathroom includes a fully-enclosed shower (we provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bath linens and hair dryer)
- The kitchen includes a refrigerator, electric stove (we provide pot & pans), SMEG coffee maker, microwave, kettle, plates, cups, mugs, wine glasses, eating and cooking utensils, etc.
- Luggage storage available in closet and under beds
- Private outdoor space includes outdoor lounge area, charcoal grill, additional lawn chairs, corn hole game)
- The house is located in a quiet residential area, just off of the city’s main streets.
- The private driveway can accommodate 1 car.
- 336 Sq. Ft. Tiny Modern Cabin by Kanga
- 12×16 Shed Turned Tiny House: Part-Time Tiny Living in Alaska
- Smitten Off-Grid Cabin at The Appleton Retreat
Our big thanks to Christine for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Entrepreneur’s Tiny House Built from Shell - August 4, 2021
- Natalie’s $400 Pallet Shed Using Reclaimed Materials - August 4, 2021
- Family Builds Beautiful Bus Tiny Home For Under-$11K - August 3, 2021