A while back I told you about a tiny house community dedicated to homeless people in Olympia, WA called Quixote Village.
The village consists of 30 tiny cottages. And it all started out as a tent camp for the homeless.
Today there’s a vegetable garden and community building with showers, laundry facilities, communal kitchen, dining space, and more.
200 Sq. Ft. Solar Quixote Cottage Cabin Design
I encourage you to enjoy the rest of the tour of this simple DIY 10′ x 20′ tiny cottage below:
Solar Equipment and Battery Storage
Propane Storage Built into Bench in the Porch
Covered Front Porch
Desk, Dining Table and Murphy Bed System
Murphy Bed Turns Main Room Into Bedroom
Private Bathroom with Toilet and Shower
Sink and Storage in the Bathroom Too
More Details on this Design
- 10′ x 20′ design
- 9′ x 15′ inside
- 4’x9′ bathroom
- 4′ covered porch
- 320W solar package set up
- On demand propane water heater
- Corrugated metal roofing
- Board and Batten siding
- 2×6 framing in walls and roof
- R20 insulation
- Floor is 2×8 with R30 insulation
Can be stick built or built using SIPs (structurally insulated panels). More info available here.
More Details on the Quixote Tiny House Community/Village
You Might Also Like
- Stealthy DIY 5th Wheel Cargo Trailer Camper
- 192 Sq. Ft. Off Grid Tiny House Design by Jayne
- 280 Sq. Ft. Off Grid Cabin by Adam
Win Cash Prizes and More w/ LaMar’s Tiny House Contest
I’ve explained it all in this post before but you can head on over to LaMar’s site for more details on how you can get involved and how to win.
LaMar is accepting your designs that are:
- 200 sq. ft. or less,
- 201-400 sq. ft.,
- Tiny Homes on Wheels,
- House boats,
- Van Conversions,
- or Campers
There’s almost no limit to what you can create for your very own customized and personalized tiny home.
If you enjoyed this tiny home design you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with even more!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 4-Story Off-Grid Tree House on 10 Acres in Sagle, Idaho - September 14, 2020
- Our Podcast Interview with Tim Mastic (He Moved Into A New Tiny House Community in Florida) - August 17, 2020
- 20-ft. Tumbleweed Cypress Tiny House - August 11, 2020