One of the lovely parts about yurt-living is the built-in skylight in the center of the yurt roof. This one sends “Orange Sunshine” into the interior, thus the building’s quaint name.
This electricity-free structure sits in the “middle of nowhere” with beautiful river views and plenty of natural seclusion. In the cold months you can light the woodburning stove, and there’s a queen bed and futon where guests can sleep.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Four-Season Yurt in Nova Scotia
I love the wood burning stove in the center.
This groovy futon acts as a secondary bed.
Hand-crafted kitchenette with pottery mugs.
There’s a two-burner camp stove for cooking.
A great selection of books.
Here’s where you can sit down for a meal.
What a cozy spot!
Hand-painted details on the walls.
Relax in a hammock and take an outdoor shower.
And here’s a milled wood outhouse.
Enjoy s’mores by the outdoor fire pit.
Steps down to the riverbank.
And this is the view!
- Right on the river
- Open concept yurt
- Living space
- Queen bed
- Wood stove
- Dining area
- Kitchenette (with propane stove & cookware)
- Private outhouse
- Walk 5 mins down a groomed trail (so pack light!)
- No electricity, so prepare to unplug!
- Cast iron wood-burning stove, with indoor kindling & firewood provided
- Outdoor shower
- They Built A Yurt Home And Share How To “Do It Yurtself“
- 1974 Coperthwaite Wooden Yurt Getaway in New Hampshire
- Tiny Yurt In The Woods On Six Acres In Vermont
Our big thanks to Andrea & Clay for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Nomad Settles Down to Tiny House Village in Austin - January 22, 2022
- Traditional ‘Trullo’ Home in Italy With Stone-Coned Roof! - January 22, 2022
- Round, Two-Bedroom ‘Ula’ Cottage in Kenya - January 21, 2022