Remember the Potato cabin? That was the brainchild of Kristie Wolfe, and she’s back at it again with her most ambitious project yet! A set of five “Moonpass Lookouts” inspired by fire lookouts set on the 55-acre historic site of the Great Fire of 1910 in Idaho. These vacation cabins will feature smart glass roofs to allow for stargazing and private saunas/bathrooms.
Her Indiegogo campaign has blown up in popularity, so the lookouts can begin production! You can support the project now and book your stay in advance. The property will include a museum of the fire lookouts, the Great Fire of 1910, and the heroic deeds of so many people who helped reign in the flames.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny house builds like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
New Lookout Tower Cabins with Private Saunas
The towers stand 30 feet up in the air.
The smart glass roofs can be solid in the daytime to prevent overheating, and transparent at night to view the stars.
There are cozy wood stoves in each tower.
Look up at the stars.
The five lookouts will be spaced out to provide maximum privacy.
Here’s the wood-fired sauna and bathroom.
Each lookout will have its own sauna.
Here’s the inside of the sauna.
Here’s the design for the museum!
A Smokey the Bear statue is most appropriate.
VIDEO: MoonPass Lookouts is Live Now on Indiegogo
- Stunning Scenery — panoramic forest landscape, encircled by towering trees, seen through 360-degree windows
- Smart Glass Roof — during the hot daytime the glass can be turned from clear to opaque and block out 99% of UVA rays
- Stargazing without light pollution — 14’ x 14’ cabin glass roof and no light pollution environment allow the visitors to enjoy the unparalleled celestial right from the comfort of their bed
- Kitchen — visitors can explore the art of cooking in the cabin’s fully-equipped kitchen
- Full-size bed — drift off to sleep in a cozy haven amidst the treetops
- Wood-burning stove — embrace the warmth and calmness of crackling fire
- Bathroom — enjoy modern amenities and comfort while being surrounded by nature
- Private sauna — rejuvenate mind and body in a private sauna, indulging in ultimate relaxation
- Complete Privacy — the towers are spaced apart for maximum solitude so all the guests will have the privacy and intimate surroundings they are looking for
- Pet-welcoming — the towering hotel is also pet-friendly allowing the visitors to bring their furry friends to their MoonPass Lookouts adventures
- Young Wild and Tree House in Georgia is a Vintage Trailer Bus on Stilts
- Tent on Stilts with Twisty Slide!
- Stilt-House on a Working Ranch
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Bus and Van Life After Losing Her Mom - September 26, 2023
- Their Epic 4×4 Ambulance Conversion - September 26, 2023
- Incredible 38-ft. Tiny House with a Private Bedroom - September 25, 2023