This traditional 70s A-Frame cottage in Huntsville, Ontario got a modern makeover and has become a stylish woodland getaway. While there’s plenty of that old school A-frame charm inside, the bright while walls, modern appliances, and new furniture make it a luxury couple’s getaway.
Off the front of the cottage is a large deck, complete with outdoor seating and a grill. Inside the lower floor has an open-concept feel with a sectional sofa, dining table, and newly-renovated kitchen. The bathroom has an old-fashioned clawfoot tub with a shower adaption, and upstairs the Master bed looks out of gorgeous windows to the swaying treetops.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
This 70s A-Frame Got a Modern Update
This might be the first A-frame I’ve seen painted white!
Sectional sofas are the best for lounging.
Those pendant lights jazz up the space.
Cook anything you need to in this kitchen.
Those mugs have a slight 70s vibe.
Now those are some bedside views!
Queen bed up in the loft.
Flush toilet in the bathroom.
And here’s the clawfoot tub/shower.
Get to grilling out on the deck.
Or roast some marshmallows in the yard.
• The great room is an open-concept living and dining room. Floor to ceiling, 2-story windows, up to the A-frame peak, allow for unobstructed views into the forest.
• Gas fireplace
• Cook’s kitchen incl. toaster, microwave, espresso machine, drip coffee machine and chef’s knives
• Bedroom has double height ceilings and treetop views, overlooking the neighbourhood. Just 5 houses on this little cul-de-sac.
• Newly updated bathroom with clawfoot tub/shower
• Fresh linens and towels. Bring your own beach towels.
• Widescreen TV with youtube and limited channels. Or Chromecast from your personal accounts.
• Atari Flashback X for old school gaming fun. Frogger, anyone?
• An Amazon Echo (Alexa) can operate many of the switches, if you want to remain hands-free or not get up off the comfy couch.
• Deck with bbq, muskoka chairs and dining table, overlooking the forest.
• Backyard with firepit. Guests bring their own firewood.
• Wooded forest in the backyard is great for a little exploring but not kept up. Property boundaries marked with safety poles. Guests to use at own risk.
• Outdoor rack for skis/snowboards/bikes, for your convenience. Guests to lock and/or leave at own risk.
- A-Frame Glamping on the Mississippi River
- Mario’s 10 x 10 Weekend A-Frame with Terrace
- Super Cozy Tye Haus A-Frame Cabin Rental in Washington State
Our big thanks to David for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- The Patana Tiny House Plans For Sale - November 23, 2020
- Fitz Roy THOW: One Floor Tiny House Design - November 23, 2020
- Luxurious Mint Tiny House W/ Wool Insulation and Non-Toxic Paint/Stain - November 22, 2020