This is Lina and Isha’s Tiny For Two (T42) that they designed and built recently.
You might remember Lina Menard’s Lucky Penny that lived at the Simply Home Community in Portland, Oregon. Lina now lives with her fiance, Isha, in the T42 at a different Portland tiny house community called Going Places. I especially love the downstairs office area that comes complete with tons of built-in storage. I included tons of specs about the house and Lina’s contact information, on the last page, so be sure to check those out. Enjoy the pictures (all from Kristina Lynn Photography) below!
Don’t miss other awesome tiny house stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Lina and Isha’s Tiny House For Two (T42)
Exterior of the T42 with tons of windows and great French doors.
Love the kitty sitting in the sink! My cat does that too.
Very comfortable couch (office through the doorway).
The kitchen area with great spice/pantry racks.
Love the two-tone cabinetry inside this home.
Window over the sink and magnetic tins. Cute!
Nice open storage in the steps up to the loft.
Look! The much-desired hanging storage we all need.
Perfect work-from-home cubbie right here!
I love that the bed is raised even in the loft.
The skylight adds extra “room” in the bedroom.
Fun steps! They take up less space than a traditional staircase.
I need those mugs! Who doesn’t love some pottery?
Close-up of the pantry. Great way to store dried goods.
Wow! You can stand in the loft. That’s amazing.
Very nice bathroom situation. Lovely blue!
- Name: Tiny for Two (T42)
- Location: Going Places in Portland, OR
- Location Type: Tiny Cohousing Community (two tiny houses act as detached bedrooms in the backyard of a single-family home – for more check out My Journey to Tiny Cohousing)
- Setting: Urban
- Designer: Lina Menard of Niche Consulting LLC (yup, that’s me!)
- Builder: Lina Menard, her fiance Isha & Friends (special shouts out to Lori and Andy)
- Plan Set: To Be Released Soon
- Number of Full-Time Inhabitants: 2
- Number of Part-Time Inhabitants: 0
- Pets: Raffi, 11 year old red Devon Rex tabby cat
- House Width (Exterior): 8′-6″ (102″)
- House Width (Interior): 7′-7″ (91″)
- House Length (Exterior): 24′-2″ (290″)
- House Length (Interior) = 23′-3″ (279″)
- Exterior Square Footage: 205′
- Interior Square Footage: 176 first story + 53 second story = 229 SF total
- House Height: 13′-5″
- Weight: Unknown
- Style: Contemporary
- Roof Shape: Side-to-Side Shed (Skillion) Roof
- Foundation Type: Double 14,000# Iron Eagle Trailer with side extensions
- Construction Type: SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels)
- Insulation Type: GPS (graphite polystyrene foam)
- 7 gallon electric point-of-use water heater
- 2 electric space heaters (Oct-Apr)
- apartment-sized fridge with freezer
- two-burner induction cooktop
- convection toaster oven
- kitchen sink
- bathroom sink
- bathroom shower and tub
- salvaged siding and other finish materials
- electric-only appliances
- SIPs construction for energy-efficiency
- liquid-applied water resistant barrier for air sealing and energy-efficiency
- all LED lighting
- energy-efficient appliances
- low-VOC paints, stains, and sealants
- Total Build Cost: $59,000
- Building Materials: $48,000
- Truck: $3650 (we purchased the truck for the build and sold it once we were done so recouped most of this cost)
- Build Space Rental: $2,000 ($250/month for 8 months)
- Volunteer Meals: $750
- Furnishings: $1,500
- Contracted Labor: $2100 ($800 roofer, $1000 electrician, $300 additional electrical consultations)
- Appliances: $1,000
- Estimated Sweat Equity: $20,000 (1000 hours at $20/hour*)
- Total Value: $79,000
Additional questions? Contact Lina Mernard!
- Tiny House For Two (T42)
- Niche Consulting
- Tiny House Consulting Services
- Going Places
- Kristina Lynn Photography
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Hive Drive Bus Stays at Eagle Feather Tipi, Las Vegas - August 14, 2020
- Barefoot Bandits: Family of 5 Travelling in Their Skoolie Conversion - August 14, 2020
- Videographer’s Stealth Budget Van Build (With a Toilet): $5.5K - August 14, 2020