It’s always fun to find something completely different, and that’s what you get with the Haaks Opperland campervan. This is actually an itty-bitty two-storey cabin that sits on the bed of a compact Fiat flatbed truck.
Simply drive the home to your location and drop it off. The 13-foot-long building then pops open, and the truck is free to drive wherever you need to go!
I’ll confess up front: It’s not even remotely affordable at more than $140,000 (especially since you’d have to ship it overseas — it’s built by a Dutch company), but the idea is brilliant and maybe it’ll catch on!
The Ultimate Pop-Up Camper: Haaks Opperland Campervan
The space is tight, of course, but they manage to fit in the major necessities!
There’s even a toilet, which you can see in the floorplan below.
The door flips open to allow the outside, in, and provide the illusion of more space.
Here it is in transport! So cool. Watch the video below to see it transform.
VIDEO: Haaks Animatie
- Double bed in loft
- Wet bath
- Induction Cooktop
- 2.9-cubic-foot fridge/freezer
- 260-ah lithium-ion battery
- Solar panels
- 11.8 gallon fresh water tank
- Haaks Campers
- Haaks on Facebook
- https://gearpatrol.com/2020/04/02/this-isnt-a-camper-van-its-a-transforming-2-story-tiny-house-on-wheels/#4 (via)
Our big thanks to Peter Christiansen for the tip!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Cessna Aircraft and Treehouse Vacation in France - April 18, 2021
- “Rebellious” Patricia & Jean-François Choose Tiny Living in France - April 17, 2021
- Isabelle’s Baluchon-Built Tiny House: The Nottingham - April 16, 2021