Larry contacted us to show us his gorgeous creation, the Casa Maria. He built this vacation home about four years ago in Costa Rica for less than $60,000.
Including the loft space, the home comes to 764 square feet. It’s built out of cypress wood, and has asphalt roofing. Underneath the neat curved roofline of the house is a carport and laundry room. The main living space is wide-open with couches, a fireplace, kitchenette and pool table. There’s a bedroom and a bathroom, as well.
Enjoy the photo tour of Larry’s wonderful small home!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Costa Rica Vacation Home for Less Than $60K
There’s a small kitchen area and a pool table.
This is a gorgeous fireplace.
A staircase takes you up to the loft.
View from the loft.
Here’s the entryway.
The ceiling looks like a boat in many ways.
Here’s the house from a nearby mountain.
This is the floorplan for the home.
- The house is 764 square feet livable including the loft.
- One bedroom and one bath.
- Sleeps 6 comfortably with two on the sofas, two on the loft, and two in the bedroom
- It is made of reinforced concrete and concrete block at the lower carport and laundry level
- Upper area framed and sided with cypress, which is a local softwood.
- The roof is asphaltic composition shingles.
- It is in the cool mountains at 7130 feet above sea level.
- The fireplace is a 200-year-old design by Count Rumford.
- It was completed about four years ago at a cost of less than $60,000 USD.
- Built by larrywindes.com.
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Ford Transit Van Conversion with Two Sliding Doors, Shower & Toilet: FOR SALE! - January 16, 2021
- High School Sweethearts in their Melody Machine Bus Reno - January 15, 2021
- After A Cancer Diagnosis, They Turned This Vandalized Toy Hauler into a Tiny Home - January 15, 2021