This is the story of how Anna, a seasoned traveler, ended up becoming a van dweller thanks to Tiny Home Tours/YouTube. When she first converted her van, it was a standard low-top conversion, and she used it like that for a while. After a while, Anna decided that she wanted it to feel more like home, so she wanted to get herself a high top van.
After finding out how much money she would lose trading in her van, Anna looked into a company called Fiberine that would raise the roof on her current van for about $5,000 including the windows and additional framing the job would require. So she originally bought the van for about $24,000 used, and proceeded to spend approximately $31,000, for a total of about $55,000 to turn it into a tiny house, including the cost of turning it into a hightop van. Please enjoy for yourself below!
Don’t miss other awesome tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Anna’s Van Life in a Custom Cargo Van Conversion
Video Tour: Seasoned Traveler Moves into Van Conversion
- Seasoned traveler
- Decides to go tiny w/ a cargo van conversion
- Upgrades and re-does her van with the addition of a Fiberine high-top so she could stand up inside with no problem at all
- Total cost, including purchase of the van – $55,000
- Originally, she bought the van for $24,000 and spent $3,480 to turn it into a camper as a DIY project (it’s detailed here)
- Follow Anna @spintheglobeproject, get her links below
Our big thanks to Ally & Chris of Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Family of 3’s Full-Time Van Life - January 20, 2020
- He Turned A 4×4 Ambulance Into A Custom Off-Road Motorhome - January 19, 2020
- Traveling Nurse Saves Big With Van Life - January 19, 2020