The only thing better than a unique vacation spot is a historical vacation spot, and you get both with this 1926 Caboose Tiny House getaway in North Carolina!
The real train caboose has been transformed into a tiny home, complete with a living room, queen-sized bed, and kitchenette with a dishwasher!
But what really seals the deal is the attached bathroom “depot” which is larger than the caboose itself! Talk about luxury. The attached porch has plenty of seating so you can relax and take in the gorgeous, very private, views. Thanks to The Hive Drive Bus for sending us pictures and a video tour of their stay at the caboose!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
1927 Caboose Cabin in North Carolina
Love the red paint on this wooden caboose!
Wow! Look at the beautiful woodwork in here.
Comfortable couch sitting area.
The fridge even came stocked with some local craft brews.
Memory foam mattress on this queen-sized bed.
Check out the bathroom depot! Woah!
Double vanity and separate toilet room.
The outdoor living space is so tranquil.
I’m sold! Take me, please.
VIDEO: Train Car Tiny Home Tour
VIDEO: Railway Train Car Transformed in a Tiny House
- 1926 Caboose
- Sitting on 1920s train tracks
- Set in the mountains
- Waterfall outside
- Kitchen — toaster oven, fridge stocked with local brews, dishwasher, sink
- Dining area
- High ceilings
- Queen-sized memory foam mattress
- Bathrobe and slippers in the wardrobe
- Separate toilet room
- Double vanity
- Giant walk-in shower with two shower heads
- Additional outdoor shower
- Covered porch with seating
- Porch swing
- Book Your Stay on Airbnb
- Follow The Hive Drive Bus on Instagram
- Subscribe to The Hive Drive Bus on YouTube
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Luxury Ocean Studios for Dillon Beach Resort - December 4, 2022
- Family’s 500 sq. ft. Barndominium: Home, Gym & Workshop - December 3, 2022
- Barbara’s 18 ft. Industrial Farmhouse with a Porch - December 3, 2022