Jay Shafer of Tumbleweed Houses designed the XS House.
It’s one of their smallest designs at just 65 square feet.
Going this small has it’s benefits because the house is easy to park, tow, and maneuver.
It also costs less than the other larger models, requires a less expensive trailer, and is easier to build and move.
Estimated Building Costs
Price of plans
Plans no longer available
Buy it ready made from Tumbleweed
$38,998 (2010 info)
*Pricing is approximate and may change
Photo credits: Tumbleweed Houses
Info on Plans
The plans include 15 total pages with
- Front, back, side elevations
- Floor plans for downstairs and loft
- Electrical plans for downstairs and loft
- Diagram that cuts the house in half to show insulation, roof pitch and more
- Instructions on how to attach the house to a trailer
- Framing walls
- Details for built in furniture and cabinets
- Door dimensions
- Full material list (windows, heater, lumber, and more)
These plans are no longer available.
If you enjoyed this XS house you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with more photos, ideas, designs, plans, and more inside!