Zach travels and lives in his cargo van tiny house conversion that also functions as his mobile studio so he can live and work while traveling. “Filmmaking by nature is a nomadic pursuit. It’s a constant migration to and from different locations based on what the storytelling requires,” said Zach Both. “With this van, I now have complete freedom to write a script surrounded by mountains, direct a shoot in a remote desert town and then collaborate with an editor or composer in Los Angeles—all within the same month. That would be impossible any other way.”
Please don’t miss other awesome stories and tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
23-Year-Old Filmmaker’s Cargo Van Tiny House
About Zach’s Van
- 10-year-old Chevy cargo van purchased through Craigslist.
- The interior was redesigned using contemporary influence.
- All the carpentry and woodwork was done by Zach who had no prior experience with construction.
- The living space features a futon bed and a kitchen with a stove.
- The van uses solar panels on the roof to power the fridge, wifi network, and a home theater system.
- The wood used on the walls and ceilings was reclaimed from a 19th century church in Cleveland, Ohio.
About Zach’s Website, TheVanual.com
- The site is a free online guide to give you insight if you’re interested in converting your own van and pursuing a mobile lifestyle.
- He created and shared a detailed step-by-step guide with photos of how he did it along with what tools he used to convert the van into a micro home.
- The guide also gives you tips for life on the road and even suggestions on how to work as a digital nomad.
Learn more using the resources below. Thanks!
You can share this cargo van conversion with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this van dwelling story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Van Dwelling Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses