While this isn’t a residential tiny house, it’s still a cool use of “tiny technology” in the real world! The City of Aspen, Colorado was in need of a building to act as a check-point for passengers carpooling (they get a free parking voucher in the city if they carpool from outside the city lines), but because it needed to be easy to move whenever needed, it also had to be self-sustaining and mobile. They needed an off-grid carpool kiosk, and Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses delivered.
Because of the company’s experience with off-grid technology and designing/building itty bitty spaces on wheels, they won the bid with the city and delivered a compact mobile office that can withstand frigid Aspen winters with ease. Inside it has an office area, small kitchenette, and a half bath. The whole thing runs on solar, and is heated with a mini-split system. You can read more about the specifics of the build at Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses.
Don’t miss other amazing stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses Builds Off-Grid Carpool Kiosk for City of Aspen
On this side is the kitchenette, a bench for seating, and the bathroom.
The solar batteries are behind the closet door, and there’s a desk area next to it.
Here’s the full layout so you can picture it all.
Look at all that solar! So awesome.
Love the simple exterior and clean lines.
- Non-residential, off-grid tiny house on wheels built as an office to give out parking ticket vouchers
- Built for the City of Aspen
- Features a built-in couch, bathroom, kitchen, workstation, storage, and battery bank
- Solar panels (six 320 watt panels)
- Mini-split AC system
- 60-gallon freshwater tank
- 16-ft. structure built on a trailer
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2003 VW Eurovan Weekender w/ GoWesty Conversion - July 23, 2021
- Model One: Container Tiny House Plans For Sale - July 22, 2021
- Uplift One: Christopher’s 1971 Airstream Conversion - July 22, 2021