You might like the idea of building your own tiny house, but are worried about having a strong foundation. Meet the Rubicon Tiny House Shell by Tiny House Basics. This was a custom design for a customer in San Diego.
This superb option allows you to have a beautiful, sturdy exterior that you can customize to your exact needs. Besides the Rubicon, Tiny House Basics has a number of Tiny House Shells you can check out here. When requesting a quote for a custom shell, be sure to mention you heard about the shells from Tiny House Talk 🙂
Related: $15k Tiny House Shells from Tiny House Basics
Rubicon Tiny House Shell by Tiny House Basics
Related: 224 Sq. Ft. Tiny House on Wheels
Video: Tiny House Basics — Home Shell Kit on Wheels
- Standard Features for all Tiny House Shells:
- Exterior Walls ** 2” x 4” Studs @ 16” on center ** Bolted to Trailer metal frame ** Hold
- Downs On Major Framing Members Covered with Tyvek over OSB Sheathing
- Exterior Siding ** T-111 @ 8” on Center Siding, Primed, Corners Trimmed with 1” x 3”
- House Trim, Primed
- Insulated Floor ** Fiberglass R10 Value ** Framed-In with 2” x 4” ** ¾” Plywood Floor
- Bolted to Frame, Frame Covered with Waterproofing & Membrane Vapor Barrier
- Vaulted Ceiling ** Trusses covered with ½” OSB, ** Tar Papered
- Roof Style ** Select Roof Style @ No Charge
- Metal Roof ** Full Metal Roof ** Ridge ** Edge Trim Chose of Color Included
- Exterior Door ** 36” Pre-Hung Exterior Door w/Hardware
- Windows ** Vinyl, Double Paned Windows (6) Total, (1) 2’x 3’, (2) 3’x 4’ (1) 4’x 5’, can
- select placement
- Added Features for Rubicon Model:
- ½ Gable Roof & ½ Gable with 12ft dormer on Driver/Pass Side
- Roof Outrigger Under Dormer
- Windows: Black Vinyl &Black Grid inside Milgard Windows
- (1) 4ft x 4ft Double Hung
- (1) 4ft x 3ft Awning
- (3) 2ft x 3ft Double Hung
- (4) 3ft x 1.5ft Awning
- Milgard Essence Outswing French Door Installed
- Cedar Shakes
- Black Standing Seam Roof
Related: High Schooler’s Tiny House Shell for Sale, FL
- Tiny House Basics
- Request a Quote (Build Your Own Shell!)
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Cookbook Author & Jewelry Maker’s Bus Conversion - March 26, 2023
- Their Stealthy Ambulance Conversion with Laundry Chute - March 25, 2023
- Their $22K Bus Conversion with a Murphy Bed - March 24, 2023
Nice shell construction, the inside is left to the imagination of future owner!
Which is perfect!
Thank you very much for the nice comments!
I like this shell package deal, and I think that is what eventually I may end up with… That is, If I am unable to have the converted shipping container build out that I would love to have done.. Which would be in sort of a beach cottage design that I have drawn out plans for…
We are here when you need us! feel free to request more info on our website at http://www.TinyHouseBasics.com
Great concept and great price point.
I would recommend a few upgrades in terms of plywood sheathing instead of osb and something more solid for the exterior siding. But that’s just me and all that I’ve read about THOW construction over the last few years.
I’d like to see the trailer story to because that is such an important element this combination.
Once upon a time I wanted to build it all. Then maybe a halfway project. Now sadly, I have to leave it all to someone else as my health has declined. Guess that means I’ll be of the genus THOW User rather than Builder.
Oh no, Fred 🙁 I’m so sorry!
We can certainly use OSB or Plywood sheathing, the OSB has a higher shear rating that Plywood but we can build to your preference. we can even use PureBond plywood as a upgrade. you can find more info about our trailers on our website at http://www.TinyHouseBasics.com and check the blog section, lots of articles and you can find videos on our youtube at http://www.YouTube.com/TinyHouseBasics
Im very sorry about your declining health, we try to make tiny house living more approachable for all people even those limits by health and circumstances that is why we offer all levels of completion to match all needs and budgets
Yup! I like the shell package too! I wonder if they come in different lengths? A great idea for me to think about when the time comes for me to build my own TH.
Yes, they do Rosee 🙂 You can also get a custom one, so you get exactly what you want 🙂
Yes we can do any length from 10ft to 50ft and even up to 10ft wide!
This looks so beautiful! Love how the windows and swing doors turned out. Great project.
Yes that’s a nice feature!