This is the Wicked Tiny House, designed, built and owned by Charlie Smith. He estimates the materials cost him $14,000.
For those of you unfamiliar with New England slang, “wicked” is often used as a synonym for “awesome” (or other similar words). Smith grew up in New Hampshire, but now lives in Montana with his self-built tiny home!
Don’t miss other awesome tiny house stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
Charlie’s DIY Wicked Tiny House
Desk/eating area with storage seats!
Looking up to the loft bedroom.
All his winter gear hung up neatly.
Cozy built-in couch with extra storage.
Fold-out TV for all your viewing needs!
Back-lit sea glass counter tops. Amazing!
Look at them glow at night!
The hardwood flooring is beautiful here.
I love the color of the cabinets.
Curtain to the restroom.
Composting toilet hooked up! Great built-in storage.
Wow! Spacious-looking loft bedroom.
Now THAT is a cool touch 🙂
The Wicked Tiny House stats:
- Length – 22′
- Width – 8′ 6″
- Height – 13′ 6″
- Unloaded Weight – 9,800 lbs
- Loaded Weight – 11,500 lbs
- First Level Area – 160 SqFt
- Loft Area – 80 SqFt
- Sleeps – 4 (comfortably)
- Number of Windows – 15
- Onboard Water Storage – 80 gallons
- Onboard Propane Storage – 45 lbs
- Electrical Service – 50 amp shore power or solar/generator
- Toilet – Composting
- Siding/Trim/Shingles/Interior Material – Eastern White Cedar (Corinna & Oakfield, Maine)
- Approximate Mileage Traveled – 2,750 miles
- Approximate Materials Cost – $14,000
- Construction State Date: 8/30/2015
- Construction End Date: 9/6/2016
- Tow Vehicle – 2001 Ford F-550 7.3L Turbo Diesel Dually
Get the house specs on the last page, and ask Charlie further questions about the build here on his website.
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses