This is a low mileage 1992 Thomas Built Bus Conversion that’s FOR SALE. It’s Don Miller’s bus conversion.
It’s a wonderful motorhome that’s completely custom and remodeled. And it’s great for boondocking too because it’s set up to be completely off-grid functional. Pretty cool, right? There’s a fun story behind it too, so I hope you’ll enjoy it below. Thanks.
Don’t miss other super awesome bus conversions like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Low-Mileage 1992 Thomas Built Bus
Here’s the info and the photos about my bus conversion RV that’s for sale.
In its previous lives, it served our rural county first as a beloved bookmobile and then as its Red Cross bloodmobile.
Once I finally got the Red Cross to sell it to me, I thoroughly enjoyed the process of fixing it up – starting with installing all those windows!
The bus is in pristine condition, almost like new. We love it, but can’t justify keeping it since it turns out we just don’t care to leave home!
The asking price is well below what I’ve put into this labor of love.
The bus is at our home near Asheville NC.
Conversion to RV included replacement of some major components, including gas tank, fuel pump, tires, brakes, radiator, water pump, master cylinder, hoses and belts, windshield glass, tail lights, and sway bar links, as well as improvement of the leaf springs.
- $48,000 asking price
- Actual mileage is 39,425
- Off-grid ready
- Superior workmanship throughout
- Quality materials throughout
- Non-toxic, low-VOW materials used throughout
- All solid wood cabinetry (no plywood or formaldehyde)
- New windows and screens
- Cozy LED lighting
- Double bed
- Great internal and external storage
- Ample kitchen
- Hardwood countertops
- Full-size double sink
- Heater and water heater
- Shower and composting toilet
- Natural Marmoleum flooring
- Portable water tank (40 gallons)
- Gray water tank (30 gallons)
- New tires (7 continental 225/70R 19.5)
- The body is 2-layered with 2 inches of fiberglass insulation
- Solar system – four GE 175 watt units with 2000 watt inverter and 2 Trojan T-125 batteries
- Chevrolet engine with 350 cubic inch gasoline V8
For more info please download the spec sheet with Don’s contact information or send him a message using the form below. Thanks!
Our big thanks to Don Miller for sharing!🙏
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses For Sale Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses