I’m glad to announce that a team of good hearted people in Chico, California have organized the Chico Housing Action Team and their mission is to bring a tiny house village to serve their homeless population.
Right now there’s a growing trend of tiny house villages and communities being created to help the homeless population throughout the United States. I list current communities in this page.
If everything goes as planned for Chico’s first tiny house community it will open Winter 2014. This ‘village’ model has been working successfully in Portland for more than a decade and is now spreading throughout the country to benefit more people in need of truly affordable housing.
Tiny House Village for Homeless in Chico, CA
Enjoy the rest of this story (and links) below and if it feels right please re-share this story using the share buttons to help us spread the word on affordable tiny homes as a solution to homelessness below:
More Related Stories You Might Like:
- Artist Turns Garbage into Reclaimed Micro Homes for Homeless in his City
- Tiny Houses for Homeless in Seattle
- Opportunity Village in Eugene, Oregon
Support Chico’s Tiny House Village and the Chico Housing Action Team
- “Like” their Facebook Page and Share it with your friends
- Visit their official website
- Make a donation
If you enjoyed this story you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
Help us spread the word! If you’re in support of ending homelessness with affordable tiny homes re-share this page using the buttons below. Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 4-Story Off-Grid Tree House on 10 Acres in Sagle, Idaho - September 14, 2020
- Our Podcast Interview with Tim Mastic (He Moved Into A New Tiny House Community in Florida) - August 17, 2020
- 20-ft. Tumbleweed Cypress Tiny House - August 11, 2020