The organization provides resources across the USA like tiny house building plans along with information on how to start a village in your area.
Below you can see examples of the many tiny homes that have been built using this concept along with current communities that already exist which you can learn more about!
How This Organization is Helping Create Affordable Tiny Housing Across the Nation And How You Can Help!
- Democratic tent cities
- Based on the Village Model
- Response to poverty and homelessness
- Homes are 400 sq. ft. or less
- Shared resources in each village
- Each community has a basic code of conduct
- Non-profit sponsors provide support
Existing villages include:
- Dignity Village in Portland, OR
- Opportunity Village in Eugene, OR
- Quixote Village in Olympia, WA
- OM Village in Madison, WI
- Nickelsville Tiny House Village in Seattle, WA
The Village Collaborative is an effort to network, inform, and encourage collaboration amongst the various groups working towards a common vision of implementing the Village Model.1
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
You can also try our NEW Small House Newsletter!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Roger’s Cottage, 675-sq.-ft. Retreat in Downtown Raleigh - October 15, 2020
- Liz and Ron’s Married Life In A Van - October 14, 2020
- Expedition Evans: From Van Life to Salvaging a Sailboat - October 14, 2020