Alena Nikkole is sharing her amazing 8×12 tiny house design with us as part of our 2015 8×12 tiny house design contest with Derek Diedricksen of RelaxShacks.com. I think you’ll agree that Alena did an amazing job of making this 8×12 design as functional as possible. I’ll let her show you and explain the design to you below. Please enjoy and re-share.
This house contains many wonderful features:
- At the entry, there are cubbies to store shoes upon entering.
- There is A LOT of storage space (2 closets that are each 2.5′ wide).
- A 3′ wide booth with 2’x3′ table for dining/working.
- A sleeping loft that will fit a full size mattress, and is accessible by a ladder that will neatly slide out of the way and store between the booth and 2nd closet. (Ladder not shown)
- A nicely appointed kitchen that has a large sink (it converts to extra prep space with a cutting board insert), under-counter refrigerator, a 4-burner gas stove top, as well as 4 drawers, cabinet storage under sink as well as above the cook top, and a lovely butcher block counter top.
- A small loft above the bathroom that can serve as extra storage OR flat screen tv area.
- And a FULL BATHROOM, featuring a 2.5’x3′ shower, a small sink/counter, a medicine cabinet, a space-saving pocket door entrance, and a LAVEO waterless toilet.
- There are also plenty of large windows to provide ample natural lighting. These are located above the sink, next to the dining booth, at the foot of the bed, in the storage loft, and a small window above the toilet.
- This design can be built on top of a trailer and still meet the height and width restrictions, allowing it to be towed without a permit.
Alena Nikole’s 8×12 Tiny House Design
Images © Alena Nikole