When Lina Menard was 14 years old, she was already interested in cohousing. So it’s no wonder that today she’s living in her own tiny house in a self-created tiny house community she and her friends put together in Portland. It’s called Simply Home Community.
Granted, this all definitely didn’t happen over night. This is something Lina has been dreaming of and actively working towards for a long time. It’s no wonder she figured it out, right? And right now I’m so excited and even proud for what she and her friends are doing not only because it isn’t an easy thing to do but also because they are truly paving the way for others, like you and me, to do the same.
So this is the story of how seven friends are now successfully living tiny in their own little community. This is a great model, example, and inspiration for future tiny living and cohousing communities that are home grown.
Seven Friends Create Simple Tiny House Community
Image © Simply Home Community
Image © Bruce Ely/Stephanie Essin
Video: Friends Build Home Grown Tiny House Community
Video: Portland Tiny Living Community
Lina explains how they’re doing it in the article/interview below. 🙂
- Living Small Video by Stephanie Essin
- Lina’s Tiny House Community Interview (Part 1) (Part 2)
- “LIKE” Simply Home Community on Facebook
- Lina’s Niche Design Build Services
- Lina’s Tiny House Blog This Is The Little Life
You can share this home grown tiny house community with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this inspiring tiny house story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Tiny House Village in Albuquerque - February 27, 2021
- 400-sq.-ft. Foothills Tiny House - February 23, 2021
- Ram ProMaster City Van Conversion: Weekender Camper by Voyager Conversions - February 23, 2021