If you’re thinking about living in a tiny house on wheels but are worried about high winds, you’re in the right place.
You might be worried, “what if my tiny house flips over?!”
And that’s a totally legitimate concern, right?
The good news is that it’s certainly possible to protect your tiny home on a trailer from strong gusty winds inexpensively by using tie-downs, anchors, and anchor points. With the information and video below, you’ll see how.
Protecting Your Tiny House on Wheels from High Winds
What You Might Need:
- Anchors, Rings, Hitch Clips, or Tie Down Anchors professionally secured and bolted onto the corners of your tiny house (if you can, design for this)
- Heavy duty tie-down straps with add’l ratchet straps
- Anchor point (in this case, a nearby tree is used as an anchor point so you can use a winch strap made for trees to secure) but you can also set up your own anchor points if possible (consult a professional)
Watch the video below to learn more:
Video: Protecting Your THOW from High Gust Winds
You can send this tiny house design tip to your friends for free using the social media and e-mail share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this story on high winds versus tiny houses on wheels you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Her Modern Health And Fitness Tiny House - September 19, 2021
- Dusty The Van Conversion by Van Life Customs - September 18, 2021
- 2018 Escape Traveler Tiny House on Wheels For Sale - September 17, 2021