This is Mike’s DIY Hand-Built Micro House in Iowa.
He spent $300 on the trailer and used cheap and recycled products to (almost) finish the build.
Please enjoy, read more and re-share below!
Mike’s DIY Hand-Built Micro House in Iowa
From the builder:
I’m just finishing up this project. It started with an old welding trailer. I knew it had a stiff axle, so I bought it for around 300 bucks. Living in the Iowa countryside lends itself to a lot of cool cheap building materials. The floor and steps were built out of free feed bunks. The walls were barn siding. I picked up the cedar in Arkansas. It’s lightly wired. I thought about plumbing, but decided an old arctic boy cooler and wash basin would do just fine. It has an oak floor, is well insulated, and has a/c. Next will be a small mini fridge, a log chair and ottoman, and maybe a fold down bed out of another old barn door.
- 6′ ×10′
- 60 sq. ft.
- An Iowa State University art student painted the antique door.
- Steps hinge up and chain for transportation.
- Old trunk on front for storage
Our big thanks to Mike for sharing!
You can share this micro house with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this micro house you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Micro House Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Family’s Debt-Free Cob Home Took 10 Years of Planning! - October 23, 2020
- Chateau Treehouse Suspended in Three Towering Cypress Trees - October 22, 2020
- Carousel Treehouse with Vintage Vibes! - October 22, 2020