Wanted to show you this interesting cargo trailer stealth camper.
The owner/builder of it built it as a bug out vehicle as well as a cheap DIY stealth camper.
He bought a 2012 12×6 cargo trailer for a little under $3000 and he started to convert it himself.
The under carriage and chassis was coated to prevent rust. He also sealed the roof to prevent leaks.
To insulate it he had to remove the plywood panels, install the insulation, and then put it all back together. Sounds like a pretty fun project, doesn’t it?
Photo Credit YouTube/NJprepper321
He finished it up by adding an electrical system and water. Everything is explained further in the video tour at the bottom of this post.
Video Tour: Cargo Trailer Converted Into Stealth Camper Bug Out Vehicle
Have you ever thought about building a stealth camper by doing a cargo trailer camper conversion instead of a tiny house?
I think it’s a great idea if you:
1) want to travel with your “home” and
2) you’d like to remain low key while you do it.
If you were traveling around the country what sort of vehicle would you like to do it in? An ordinary RV, a stealth camper similar to this, or a tiny house on wheels?
Also, have you ever thought about setting up a “bug out vehicle” in case things go wrong, an emergency arises, etc.?
If you enjoyed this DIY stealth camper you’ll probably love our free daily tiny house newsletter!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- The Skya Tiny Cabin on a Foundation at Blue Moon Rising - October 18, 2018
- 30ft Cascade Tiny House by Handcrafted Movement - October 18, 2018
- Jarid’s 32ft Tiny House with Main Floor Bedroom, Add’l Trailer Deck, Slide-Outs, And More! - October 18, 2018