This 240 sq. ft. mountain hideout is a tiny house design guest post by Robert Olson
Building a secluded off grid cabin is a dream I share with many others. One of these days its gonna happen. Until that time comes, I enjoy sharing ideas.
Below is a 12 x 20 rough draft plan I put together. I call this plan the Mountain Hideout due to its intended remote location.
240 Sq. Ft. Mountain Hideout with 96 Sq. Ft. Loft
Image © Robert Olson
Text reads, “Rustic hideout for weekend getaway or resort cottage rental unit. Target market, outdoor adventurer age 30 or under. 1 1/2 story. French doors. Wood burning stove. Two triple windows, full bath with tube skylight above corner shower, loft ladder to cozy sleeping loft, and a kitchenette.
* Notice the 9 foot long triple windows opposite each other to bring in light, making small spaces feel big, and create outstanding views into the woods.
* The double french doors open outward, keeping small interior spaces more functional when doors are open on nice days.
* A cozy corner woodstove helps heat the cabin on cold days, and a love seat futon by the stove folds flat for a guest bed.
* A real closet for your clothes with full length mirrored doors, plus a broom closet swallows up mops and brooms to keep a tidy cabin.
* An 8 foot long kitchenette, compact but functional, has a window over the sink and a full length window at the wall. Option 2 for the large window at the kitchen wall could be a door to access an optional back deck.
* Features a REAL bath with corner shower with tubular skylight over shower.
Our big thanks to Robert Olson for sharing his tiny house design sketches with us!
You can share Robert Olson’s Mountain Hideout tiny house design with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this tiny house design you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Rustic Tiny House For $9,500 - June 18, 2021
- Renovated 5th Wheel RV Turned Tiny Cottage On Wheels - June 18, 2021
- Michael Janzen’s New Tiny House Floors Plans Book Is Loaded With Clever Designs (2021) + Giveaway - June 16, 2021