This is Luke and Tina’s 204 sq. ft. solar-powered tiny home on wheels built using Backcountry Tiny Homes Plans. Outside, you’ll notice there’s a rooftop balcony accessible from the sleeping loft. When you step inside, you’ll find a living area, two lofts, a bathroom, kitchen, and plenty of storage throughout.
The off-grid home also features a rainwater harvesting system and a composting toilet. If you’re interested, plans are available to purchase if you’d like to build your own.
Don’t miss other awesome tiny houses like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter with more!
Couple’s 204 Sq. Ft. Mountaineer Tiny Home with Rooftop Deck
More Details on this Tiny House
- Luke and Tina (husband and wife) designed this tiny house themselves.
- They’re both engineers so they made the plans and hired a contractor to build it.
- The tiny house can function completely off-grid because it has solar, composting, rainwater harvesting, and propane.
- They live on a 40 acre farm on the foothills of Mt. Hood.
- The house features hide-away space savers like a dining room table, coffee table, chairs, doors, drying rack, and storage that can’t be seen.
- There’s a walk-able and waterproof roof deck that has access via a small hobbit door from the bedroom loft!
- The house features live edge redwood slabs and 12″ redwood panels all around.
- This tiny home has a mountaineering look and feel which is why there’s a large gear cabinet! It houses all of their outdoor gear easily.
- Tina Orlando (owner/co-designer – plans to build your own are available)
- Daystar Tiny Homes (contractor)
- Patrick Treadway Photography
Interested in buying the plans? Visit http://www.backcountrytinyhomes.com/
You can share this tiny house story with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this tiny house story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 4-Story Off-Grid Tree House on 10 Acres in Sagle, Idaho - September 14, 2020
- Our Podcast Interview with Tim Mastic (He Moved Into A New Tiny House Community in Florida) - August 17, 2020
- 20-ft. Tumbleweed Cypress Tiny House - August 11, 2020