Sometimes we make plans and life has other plans! That’s what happened to this family of four who built their dream tiny home and moved in a couple of months ago. Husband Brendan just found out his job is moving him cross-country away from extended family. They have baby #3 on the way and have decided to sell their luxury tiny house so they can purchase a spot with a guest room for family visitors.
Their nearly-brand-new tiny house is 36 feet long, and for sale in Feura Bush, New York. It features the coveted downstairs bedroom and a super fun kids’ loft complete with a netting hammock! The home has every luxury, including a dishwasher and a washer/dryer unit — and a bathtub for soaking and bathing littles.
We got to interview Rachel about their two months of tiny living and decision to move below. Check it out!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family of Four’s Luxury Tiny House for Sale in NY
This blend of cream walls and dark wood counters is stunning.
You walk into the living space with a marine heater.
This super fun netting provides 360 protection for the kids’ loft, but makes it airy!
Four-burner cooktop is great for making family meals.
Wall oven and space for a coffee maker (must have!)
Custom dog crate! Too cute.
Rachel says she loves their tiny bathroom.
A washer-dryer unit means no trips to the laundromat.
Separett composting toilet.
What a gorgeous saying.
Here’s the exterior of their happy home.
VIDEO: 36 Foot Modern Luxury Tiny House
Rachel Talks About Their Tiny (Now For Sale)
What are your names?
We are Rachel and Brendan Taillon. We live in our tiny home with our son who is 3.5 and our daughter who is 1.5 and are expecting our third in June . We also have 2 dogs, a fish, frog, and a gecko.
How long have you lived tiny?
We have lived in our tiny house for 2 months.
What do you do for work? Or do you travel full-time?
My husband goes to a 9-5 job but since covid he’s been working from home 3 days a week.
What were you hoping to get out of living tiny?
We love bringing things back to the basics. Less stuff, less money spent on stuff, and having time and money to do what we love. All of that comes from tiny living.
What inspired you to choose an RV (rather than say a tiny house or a bus)?
We decided on a tiny house because we knew we wouldn’t be moving constantly and wanted a more homey feel. We like the two story option and having a washer/dryer, dishwasher, big tub etc. Things a bus or rv wouldn’t have offered.
How did you acquire your tiny house?
We had ours custom built by Willowbee Tiny Homes in the Catskill Mountains.
What are bills/utilities like compared to before?
Wayyyyyy less. Are utilities are around $100 per month in the winter. We no longer pay house taxes or land taxes.
Before going tiny, what was life like?
Before going tiny I spent most of my time cleaning and doing house and yard work. We have a lot more free time to do what we want.
What makes your tiny home special?
We have some pretty awesome things that make our tiny house great. We have a huge tub (for a tiny house), radiant floor heating, and our loft is completely netted in and has a hammock. My favorite part of living tiny is the simplicity.
What helpful advice would you give to others interested in going tiny?
Learn how to have less. Remember what’s a need vs a want. Spend time doing what you actually want to do.
So: Why are you selling your tiny house?
Well unfortunately a very bittersweet update is we are selling our tiny house. We are unexpectedly moving across the country for my husband’s job. We decided because we are moving away from all our family with baby number 3 coming we need a house so family and friends can come and stay with us. We would keep the tiny house to airbnb or rent but as of right now do not have the money to have our tiny house and house. It’s a very hard decision we had to make but are hoping at some point to go tiny again. For now we are hoping our tiny house can be passed to someone who will love it just as much and serve them in whatever ways they were hoping.
- $140,000 asking price
- Built by Willowbee Tiny Homes
- 288 Square Feet
- 36′ x 8.5′ x 13.5′
- 16′ deep loft
- Separate 2′ deep storage loft
- RVIA certified.
- Custom window seat bump-out
- French doors
- 24″ in-wall electric oven
- 4 burner propane cook top
- Full-size farmhouse sink
- Bosch 18″ dishwasher with cabinet panel front
- Beverage cooler
- Custom vent hood
- Herringbone subway tile backsplash
- Luxury vinyl plank floors
- Subway tile shower with tub
- Heated tile bathroom floor
- Quartz vanity counter
- Vinyl siding
- Shiplap interior
- Custom bed frame
- Outdoor shower hook-up
- Main-floor bedroom w/ two drawers underneath the bed, one of which pulls out about 6 feet for ample storage
- Main loft large enough for king bed
- Smaller section with custom hammock-style cargo netting.
- Mini-split system with two interior units
- Dickinson Marine Heater
- Instant propane water heater
- Separett Composting Toilet
- Underneath the bed, there is a 40-gallon storage tank for freshwater
- LG washer/dryer ventless combo unit
- Lunos E2 air exchanger system, one unit on each end of the house.
- Steel framing
- Black metal roofing
- Vinyl siding
- Insulated with closed cell spray foam used in the subfloor, ceilings, and walls.
- The house itself weighs approximately 14,000lbs.
- The trailer is a 3-axle custom-built trailer rated to 21,000lbs
- Included: 50′ 50-AMP power cord, 30′ sewer hose, stairs, couch, television, and bench seat
- The couch has storage underneath for books, blankets, and other items.
- Contact seller at Tiny House Marketplace
- Follow the family on Instagram
- For Sale Listing at Tiny House Marketplace
- Willowbee Tiny Homes (builder)
- Family of 3’s Debt-Free Tiny Home with Amazing Split Loft Bedroom
- They Built A Handcrafted Tiny House Using Recycled Materials
- Vermont Tiny House Vacation with Green Mountain Views
Our big thanks to Rachel for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Luxury Ocean Studios for Dillon Beach Resort - December 4, 2022
- Family’s 500 sq. ft. Barndominium: Home, Gym & Workshop - December 3, 2022
- Barbara’s 18 ft. Industrial Farmhouse with a Porch - December 3, 2022