This is a rare, vintage, and original Balboa motorhome camper van conversion built on a 1970s Dodge van chassis.
Don’t miss other vans and tiny homes for sale, join our FREE Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter for more like this!
Rare 1970’s Balboa Motorhome on Dodge Chassis
The inside looks original and it seems to be in tip-top condition for its age!
There’s storage over the cab area but it can also be used as a children’s sleeping loft. The dinette converts into an ample sleeping space. Curtains enclose the cab area for privacy.
There’s a door in the rear of the camper and you can see lots of built-in storage throughout the entire van.
The couch in sleep mode gives you plenty of space to sleep, even if you are tall.
The area directly behind the cab also converts into a dinette which is great during the day.
A closer look at the cockpit. According to the listing, the air conditioner here is in need of service/repair.
Is an oceanside view okay today? The vintage plates and cookware are actually included in the sale.
The exterior is also in really good shape! So what do you think of this vintage van camper?
- 93,700 miles
- Encinitas, California
- Gasoline engine
- 12 MPG
- 2 seatbelts
- Sleeps 4
- 18ft Fiberglass motorhome
- Built on a 1973 Dodge B-300 Sportsman Van chassis
- Vintage motorhome
- Clean California title
- Dodge v8 360 Holly carburetor engine
- With 727 transmission
- Engine rebuilt at 84,000 in 1993
- Transmission rebuilt at 92,000 in 2001
- Carburetor recently rebuilt with new plugs, cap, rotor, points, wires
- Power steering, power brakes
- 40g freshwater tank
- Two large slider windows on each side with blinds for privacy
- Upper bunk area designed for child sleeping or storage
- Dinette with folding tables turns into a double bed
- The additional couch is also a pull out bed
- 3-way refrigerator
- Hot water heater
- 8-gallon propane tank
- Faucet with hot and cold water
- Recently installed USB ports
- Fan and interior lights are in working condition
- Upper and rear storage cabinets
- Vintage plates, silverware, cups, pots, and pans are included
- Front curtains for privacy
- Rear door with lock and ladder to the roof
- Rooftop AC
- New upholstery
- Cable TV ready
- Available for $33,000 out of Encinitas, California
- More info is below, under ‘Learn more’
- Van Life Trader
- Freedom Vessel
- Freedomvessel on Instagram
- Freedom Vessel Alliance on Facebook
- Freedomvessel YouTube channel
- Vintage Flat-Bed Truck to Motorhome Conversion Vacation in Portugal
- Vintage Mercedes Van Motorhome Conversion
- Riley’s 32ft Georgie Boy Motorhome Renovation (Built for only 5,000usd)
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses