You’ll feel like you’ve gone back in time with a stay in this early-1900s Vermont cabin. It’s an off-grid experience, complete with a cozy wood-burning stove to heat water and keep the spot warm. There’s also a propane stove on the premises.
It’s a one-room cabin with a loft bedroom accessible via a ladder. In the cooler months, you’ll need 4WD to get to the cabin because it’s set remotely among 1200 acres of beautiful forest. Plenty of hiking opportunities if you’re up for it! Take a look.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
1900 Vermont Cabin: Off-Grid Pioneer Experience on 1200 Acres!
In winter and spring, 4WD is necessary for getting to the cabin.
The wood stove provides heat in the winter.
The inside is rustic and primitive.
The ladder takes you to the loft.
Pots and pans are available for cooking and heating water.
The loft has a twin bed and queen been.
There’s even a spot to hang clothes.
I love the board and batten on the outside.
Classic New England rock wall.
Solar shower for warmer months.
Could you live the pioneer life?
- No plumbing
- Spring water provided for washing/bathing
- Dish soap, hand soap, sanitizers, shampoo provided
- Propane gas stove and oven
- Propane and charcoal grill
- Utenstils provided
- Tea kettle & pour oven coffer
- Solar bag camp shower in warm months
- Water basins for warming over the fire provided in winter
- Ladder access to loft
- Queen mattress, twin mattress
- Surrounded by 1200 acres of forest
- He Rebuilt This Civil-War-Era Cabin Log By Log
- The Hermitage: Log Cabin Park Model In the Woods
- Romantic Clear-Roof Cabin with Chandelier & Swing Bed
Our big thanks to Ashley for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Paralympian Kayaker’s DIY Truck Camper - June 24, 2022
- Founders of Skoolie Swarm and their Big Blue Hauler - June 24, 2022
- Modern Ram ProMaster Conversion w/ Bathroom - June 24, 2022