I wanted to take a moment to remind you that Jay Shafer who is now exclusively working with his own company Four Lights Houses is offering several upcoming tiny house workshops that I thought you should know about.
Jay has been at the forefront of this movement since 1997 when he started designing, building and living in his own tiny houses. During this time he perfected the methods of designing the smallest possible homes for human beings.
Who better to learn from than somebody who has not only designed and built these but lived in them for several years too. Jay has always had a passion for living simply and if I remember correctly this passion started when he was a child and had to help clean his parents’ oversized house.
What could you learn in a Jay Shafer tiny house workshop?
Great question. Here’s just a little bit of what Jay can teach and offer you if you decide to attend:
- The chance to connect with other like-minded people
- How to get around or meet zoning and building codes
- How to read a set of plans
- Hands on experience with plumbing and electric
- How to frame, cut, and more
- What kind of tools you need
- And so much more!
If you’re interested in getting to be a part of one of these experiences watch the video below to get a better idea of what you can expect:
2019 Tiny House Workshops and Events
For a list of upcoming tiny house workshop for locations near you or in a dreamy vacation area, you might want to fly to click here.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 523 Sq. Ft. Tiny Cabin with Land in Spur, TX – $60k - February 16, 2019
- Family Goes from 2500 Sq. Ft. to a Tiny House - February 15, 2019
- Anti-Minimalist Tiny House: A Tiny Home Built for a Maximalist? - February 14, 2019