This is the Shanty Hohnstead cabin in Bonner, Montana.
It’s an off-grid tiny cabin getaway in Montana. Check it out and learn more below.
Don’t miss other interesting cabins like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
The Shanty Off-Grid Tiny Cabin at the Hohnstead in Bonner, Montana
This off-grid cabin is super simplified.
There’s an upstairs sleeping loft accessible by ladder/stairs.
The kitchen consists of a cooler, camping stove, and a kettle with utensils, etc.
The storage ladder to get up to the loft.
Extra sleeping option downstairs.
Can you see yourself here?
Hammocks and other amenities nearby.
The solar panel can keep your USB devices charged.
- The shanty was built in 2011
- Built with hand-cut and milled 2×6 boards
- Lots of insulation to keep cool in the summer and warm in the spring and fall
- Sleeps 3
- Simple kitchen with a camping stove, cooler, kettle, plates, bowls, utensils, coffee, and tea
- Sleeping loft for two; requires climbing stairs/ladder
- Common area with refrigerator, oven, stove, wifi, AC, and power about a minute away
- Outdoor deck with lounge chairs
- Powered by a solar panel; can charge your USB devices
- Two nearby hammocks
- Bathrooms/shower 1 minute away
- Hot tub; 1 minute away
- Bookable on Airbnb or via the Hohnstead website
- Jack Hanna’s 700 Sq. Ft. Cabin in Montana
- Off-Grid Earthship Cabin in Montana, Self-Sufficient Home!
- Montana Tiny House Vacation
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses