Most of you here already know Derek “DEEK” Diedricksen but some of you might NOT know his brother…
Dustin Diedricksen and his wife, Dawn, live in this super simple 850 square foot house.
Dustin jokes, “No arguments because there’s no place to run to!”
They kid around that they have to get along in order to live in such a small home. But the benefits are obvious…
- rent/mortgage savings
- much lower expenses and utility bills
- being able to pay off house fast
- keeping life simple
And they seem to love it.
Plus there’s a baby coming… But they’re making room for that with no issues (they’re handy and they’ve found the extra space within the 850 square feet).
That’s a screen shot of their upstairs sleeping loft in their simple home… You can watch the full video tour right below.
By the way… Derek and Dustin will be hosting an outdoor/indoor tiny house/shelter building workshop in 2011. Exact date is yet to be announced but if you have any interest (I’ll most likely be there!) message Deek at kidcedar-at-gmailDOTcom for more information.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- The Tedesco House: A 32ft Tiny House on Wheels by Liberation Tiny Homes - September 19, 2018
- Self-driving tiny homes could be part of the future - September 19, 2018
- Marshfield Fairgrounds to host Big Mass Tiny House Festival - September 19, 2018