“I had a quiver of cuss words I hadn’t used in awhile, so I got myself a Westy.”
Simon had travelled around Europe surfing with his buddies in a VW van when he was younger, and that nostalgia got him into a Vanagon restoration project for weekend travels and camping getaways. This vintage update of a 40-year-old vehicle brings the Westy back to it’s original glory, with some great upgrades such as a flatscreen TV, GPS, and cupholders.
It wasn’t exactly a cheap endeavor (he spent $7.5k on the van itself, and another $15k renovating it), but it brings him joy and he’s constantly stopped by others on the road with memories of the VW van days. Watch his video tour below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
His Vintage Van Renovation With Modern Conveniences
The couch here turns into the cozy master bedroom.
He has the most organized tool area right here!
Check out the video tour of Simon’s labor of love!
VIDEO: Renovated 1980 Westy Camper Van Tour
- Added GPS
- New cupholders
- All new flooring
- More efficient refrigerator
- Pop-up roof with bed
- Main floor couch bed
- Brynn Chooses Sprinter VanLife at 37
- Hitting the Trails in her ProMaster Van Conversion
- 4×4 Overland Sprinter Van Conversion by Recreational Van Designs
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Family w/ 4 Kids Choose 5th Wheel To Go Debt-Free - June 25, 2021
- NOMADfest Private Gathering for Nomadic Souls Sept. 17-20 - June 25, 2021
- Brandon and Sarah Escape Rent in their Promaster Van - June 24, 2021