This is a Renovated 1970 Aristocrat Land Commander was for sale by owner in Portland, Oregon back in 2017.
Although it still needs some sprucing up on the outside, the interior is all new! I love a good camper conversion, and this one fits the bill. It’s small and compact, with a kitchenette, bed/couch and little seating area. Get all the details on the last page.
Don’t miss other awesome stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Renovated 1970 Aristocrat Land Commander in Portland
Wow the wooden counter is gorgeous!
Dining area becomes a bed.
Couch also becomes a bed!
Couch in “couch formation.”
A peek into the changing room with a composting bucket toilet.
More of the tiny kitchen. Refrigerator under the counter.
Close up of the pretty flooring. I like that hue!
Close up on the trailer hitch!
- All new internal materials. All Custom, solid wood construction framing with screws not staples
- Counters beautiful hardwood – Poplar, window frames hickory.
- New framing, new insulation, new panels, new cabinets
- New cushion foam and fabric
- New flooring
- New ceiling hatch vents
- New Dimmable LED Strip lighting,
- New power outlets, two with in the outlet USB charging ports, a new plug in electric stove element
- Brand new refrigerator (never used)
- Custom retractable mounted and brand new 5000 BTU A/C unit.
- New interior paint
- Electric Brakes
- LCD with DVD included.
- All new outside running, marker, and tail/break light assemblies with all new wire.
- Clean and Clear Title.
- I can’t tell you exactly what it weighs because the original Land Commander was heavier…I dropped weight when I did the remodel, but never had a chance to weigh it prior to our transfer to Hawaii last month.
- It is 18 feet long front tip of the hitch, to the back bumper. I towed it with a Dodge Journey… V6 SUV. It did the job fine when it was heavier and better after remodel. I would estimate it weighs 1750 to 2250.
- We built this for ourselves, but can’t bring it here to Hawaii (Been relocated with the Department of Defense)
- Comes with 2 gallons of paint for the exterior….ran out of time building it…too much weather this winter.
- There is a bathroom/changing/make-up area with a curtain/door and mirror
- The camper comes with a camping toilet which is a toilet made for camping… you use plastic bags, it is basically a five-gallon metal bucket with a toilet seat on the top of it. There is a hole under the flooring in the bathroom where you could re-install a permanent, RV toilet… the camper originally came with one. I have a new valve made for underneath the camper if one wanted to hook a new toilet up…it will come with camper.
- The camper comes with a new refrigerator and an almost new countertop electric element to use for cooking. We originally had planned to put an electric, two burner, stainless steel range next to the sink. (Lowe’s $230)… We liked the counter top too much to cut another hole and single burner was enough for us. It would be easy to add, if wanted.
- Portland, Oregon
- Buyer will meet Ed’s aunt and uncle in Portland for purchase, as Ed is already in Hawaii.
Questions? Want to purchase? Contact Ed Zuelke at [email protected].
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- JP taking Chance in his 1995 Sportsmobile Van Conversion - December 5, 2021
- Mom & Uncle Build THOW for This Teen’s College Dorm - December 4, 2021
- Her Safety First And Mostly Stationary Van Life - December 1, 2021