Looking for the perfect, cozy place to stay this winter? This Ottawa Cabin on the Bay couldn’t get much better with it’s wood-burning stove and secluded location.
Despite being tucked in a private spot in the woods, it’s nearby to all the amenities you could need. It is off-grid, but solar power keeps the lights on and allows you to charge a phone. There’s no running water, but an outhouse gives you a place to go.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Perfect Off-Grid Cabin Vacation in Canada
Even though the spot is off-grid, there is solar power.
A wood stove keeps the whole place warm and toasty.
Firewood is provided.
There’s a couch downstairs so you can read or relax.
The large windows provide plenty of natural light.
The basics for cooking are provided by the hosts
Fall asleep in the loft.
It looks like the perfect winter vacation spot.
And in the summer!
Would you vacation here?
- Cabin in the woods behind host home
- Completely secluded, short drive from any possible amenities you may need (i.e., grocery store, pharmacy, gas station).
- Off-the-grid, meaning there is no running water, but there is electricity powered by solar-energy
- Cabin is completely lit and you are able to charge devices (i.e., phone). Please do not charge larger devices, as this will drain the battery quite quickly.
- No WIFI
- Out-house with a compostable toilet.
- We also provide our guests with drinking water, as well as any water needed to cook and clean dishes.
- Cabin is heated with a very efficient wood stove.
- The kitchenette is well stocked with dishes, cooking utensils, a coffee press and some basic cooking needs (i.e., spices, flour, salt, pepper, sugar).
- Small stove-top for cooking.
- Fire pit beside the cabin
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Restaurant Chef & His Full-Time Stationary Bus Life - September 23, 2021
- Bussy McBusFace: Couple’s Skoolie w/ DIY Mosaic Shower & Dutch Door - September 23, 2021
- Wildlife Sanctuary Geodesic Dome Vacation - September 23, 2021