Ian started living in his 1978 Hedonist Yatch, “BLOWN AWAY” back in 2000. He spent his free time making the boat livable, completely reconstructing the hull and repainting the lime-green exterior. His background in marine engineering definitely helped!
About 5 years ago he met Natalie, who now lives in the sailboat with him, and the couple enjoy their off-grid sailboat life, staying at anchor and sailing to avoid pricey marina fees. They choose to sleep in the saloon so they can fall asleep to starry-night views. Could you live on the water?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Couple’s 1970s Off-Grid Sailboat & Life At Anchor
The spend much of their time up here!
Ian and Natalie inside the sailboat
They have a dingy for getting back to land.
VIDEO: 20 Years of Off The Grid Living on a Sailboat
- Ian was a marine engineer
- Natalie grew up sailing
- 1978 Hedonist Yatch
- Ian made it live-and-sail-able
- Ian has lived on it for 20 years
- Natalie joined him about 4 years ago
- Catching Dinner & Baking Bread on Their 220 sq. ft. Sailboat Home
- Navy Serviceman And His Epic Boat Home
- Expedition Evans: From Van Life to Salvaging a Sailboat
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Paralympian Kayaker’s DIY Truck Camper - June 24, 2022
- Founders of Skoolie Swarm and their Big Blue Hauler - June 24, 2022
- Modern Ram ProMaster Conversion w/ Bathroom - June 24, 2022