One benefit of being the lead carpenter at a tiny house company is learning all the tricks of the trade to then use to build you very own — affordable — tiny house on wheels!
Jacob worked for a few years at Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses in Colorado, and he used those skills to build himself not one, but TWO tiny homes. He sold his first one and used the money to help him create a second one, with a little more space and nicer amenities.
All in all, he spent $16,000 on his THOW, and he has it parked for about $500/month at a tiny community in Durango. You’ll love the video tour with Tiny Home Tours below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter
Jacob’s $16K DIY Tiny Home
The accent wall on the back adds visual interest.
He says he loves having outdoor space during the nice months of the year.
VIDEO: Gorgeous DIY $16K Tiny Home Allows Him to Live in Expensive Mountain Town
- Backyard Studio-Style Tiny Cabin in Colorado Springs
- Michelle’s 26 ft. AWAKES THOW by Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses
- Debt-Free Slowly-But-Surely Tiny Home Life in Durango
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- JP taking Chance in his 1995 Sportsmobile Van Conversion - December 5, 2021
- Mom & Uncle Build THOW for This Teen’s College Dorm - December 4, 2021
- Her Safety First And Mostly Stationary Van Life - December 1, 2021