This family of three travels in their DIY mini bus conversion, “Fern 2” — a near-duplicate of the couple’s first bus conversion named Fern. Fern 2 became home after Mande and Ben added son Sawyer to the family.
The tiny bus includes a portable toilet in the closet area, and an outdoor shower set-up you’re sure to envy. The inside of the bus is absolutely impeccable, with bright colors and clean lines that make it feel much larger than it really is. Instead of building in a bed for Sawyer, they found a small pack and play to set up which they can take down as needed. Brilliant!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Simple Family Life in Fern 2, The Bus
Mande made all the custom curtains to fit the windows.
Their sink is just big enough for Sawyer to bathe in.
Here’s the happy couple!
There’s storage under all the bench seats.
There’s a queen bed in the back for mom and dad.
VIDEO: DIY Mini School Bus Conversion
- Portable toilet in closet
- Two-burner cooktop
- Farmer’s sink (doubles as toddler bath)
- Outdoor shower set-up with privacy curtain
- Queen bed with curtain on magnets
- Original metal bus roof
- Custom curtains for the windows
- Couple’s DIY Mini School Bus Conversion
- Two Years in Their Cozy Bus Conversion with a Wood Stove
- Marie & Ben’s Canadian Short Bus Life
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Navajo Family Shares Ancestral Earthen Homes on Airbnb - August 2, 2021
- Asha’s Quaint Cottage Van in Australia - August 1, 2021
- Airbnb Village w/ Treehouse Yurt, Alpacas, Woodstock & More - August 1, 2021