Over the past few decades it seems as if we’ve super sized everything.
- Our houses
- Food portions (pancakes, pizza, subs, everything)
- Medicine intake
- Our vehicles
And now as all of that catches up to us, what are we doing about it?
What are YOU doing to combat this? And more importantly why should we?
I’ve started by…
- Downgrading to a late model Toyota
- Buying and eating healthier food
- Choosing locally owned restaurants over chains (as much as I can)
- Eating smaller portions of everything
- Replacing soda with hot teas
- Getting rid of my unnecessary stuff (constant battle)
- Avoiding certain brands
- Buying higher quality foods that aren’t made in labs
I’d like to…
- Do everything I listed above more
- Ride my bicycle more
- Walk more
- Move into a smaller place
- Get to know my community more
What about you?
Photo credit: Christoph Hoffmann; Picture taken at Ammersee (Lake in Germany)
More Articles About Downsizing:
- Downsizing 101
- Living Simply in a 585 Sq. Ft. Cottage After Downsizing
- Top 5 Benefits You Get After Going Tiny
- Nancy’s Tiny Cabin and Her Downsizing Story