Over the past few decades it seems as if we’ve super sized everything.
- Our houses
- Food portions (pancakes, pizza, subs, everything)
- Medicine intake
- Our vehicles
And now as all of that catches up to us, what are we doing about it?
What are YOU doing to combat this? And more importantly why should we?
I’ve started by…
- Downgrading to a late model Toyota
- Buying and eating healthier food
- Choosing locally owned restaurants over chains (as much as I can)
- Eating smaller portions of everything
- Replacing soda with hot teas
- Getting rid of my unnecessary stuff (constant battle)
- Avoiding certain brands
- Buying higher quality foods that aren’t made in labs
I’d like to…
- Do everything I listed above more
- Ride my bicycle more
- Walk more
- Move into a smaller place
- Get to know my community more
What about you?
Photo credit: Christoph Hoffmann; Picture taken at Ammersee (Lake in Germany)
More Articles About Downsizing:
- Downsizing 101
- Living Simply in a 585 Sq. Ft. Cottage After Downsizing
- Top 5 Benefits You Get After Going Tiny
- Nancy’s Tiny Cabin and Her Downsizing Story
The following two tabs change content below.
Alex is a contributor and editor for TinyHouseTalk.com and the always free Tiny House Newsletter. He has a passion for exploring and sharing tiny homes (from yurts and RVs to tiny cabins and cottages) and inspiring simple living stories. We invite you to send in your story and tiny home photos too so we can re-share and inspire others towards a simple life too. Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Flamenco Tiny House by Baluchon - February 4, 2023
- 2008 Ford E-450 4×4 Timberline Box Van Conversion - February 3, 2023
- Custom Tumbleweed Tiny House with a Bidet - February 3, 2023
GREAT photo! WOW!!!! I want one (the cabin, not the photo…)
Hey Alex, some doumbek, dejembe, and MORE “Tiny Yellow House” videos comin’ soon!
Deek I was about to send you a message soon because I finally got my doumbek. I’m addicted, it’s so fun! Thanks for stopping by man
Where did the photo of the house on the lake come from? Who wrote the text?
Hey Lloyd thanks for coming by. I have your Home Work Hand Built Shelter book. I wrote the text and the picture is by Christoph Hoffmann and I paid for the use of the photo.