In her mid-fifties, Allyson started to worry — she hadn’t saved anything for retirement and knew if she wanted to keep paying rent she would need to work indefinitely. But around that time, she heard about tiny living and decided that was the path for her.
She started learning carpentry skills and finding inexpensive windows for sale on Facebook Marketplace, saving up items she would need to build her house. And then with the help of a carpenter guiding her, she built her forever home: “Daisy”. With a house built and a spot to park it, Allyson plans to retire within the year.
You’ll love her DIY home, which you can see below. She even planned for a downstairs sleeping arrangement if/when it gets too hard for her to climb into her loft bedroom.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
Her THOW is Filled with Books, Crafts & Hard Work
That tabletop is made from recycled bottles!
She has a lovely wooded lot with great landlords.
VIDEO: Her Adorable DIY Tiny Home for Retirement
- Jonathan and Curtis’ 100% Solar Bus Life Retirement
- Vicki’s Retirement Tiny House With A Deck!
- Retired Couple’s 50 Sq. Ft. DIY Vardo
Our big thanks to Allison of Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Catching Dinner & Baking Bread on Their 220 sq. ft. Sailboat Home - January 27, 2022
- Ex-Gov’t Rig Insulated w/ Local Alpaca Wool - January 26, 2022
- Bus Life And Painting 10,000 Mural Flowers Across the United States - January 26, 2022