While many people would be put off by the thought of living in a cottage near a Sleepy Hollow, NY cemetery, Lindsay and Jonas thought it was fate. The international couple (Swedish & American) were nearly homeless, trying to find a roof over their heads and a spot to put down roots.
When they moved it, they only had a few suitcases, and no furniture. But after scouring flea markets and Facebook Marketplace every weekend, they furnished the lovely 500-ish square foot apartment with vintage gems that fit their cottagecore style.
Jonas is an awesome artist, and he has paintings of their precious cottage for sale! They created an awesome Q&A/Tour video which you can watch below to learn all about them.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their 1920s Cottage by a Cemetery
The cottage looks lovely in all four seasons.
It’s part moody/spooky and part charming vintage.
There’s a kitchen, bathroom, one bedroom and one living room.
Jonas paints from the little desk.
They just celebrated 9 years of marriage, and about four of living in their cottage.
VIDEO: Living in a Vintage Cottage Beside a Cemetary
- How They Turned Their Shed Into A Tiny Farmhouse Cottage
- Their 850 Sq. Ft. Vintage Cottage on Lake Ontario
- 153 Year old Methodist Retreat Cottage With Prairie Wagon Bed
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- This Architect-Designed Tiny House is Inspired by Countryside Animal Shelters - September 25, 2022
- Betty’s Custom Tiny Idahome w/ Ground Floor Bedroom - September 25, 2022
- Solo Mum and Son Adventure Van Life - September 24, 2022