Tom Miller found a 1989 F350 diesel dually army ambulance and transformed it (with no building experience, mind you) into a fantastic family camper/bug out vehicle!
The “Fambulance” as he calls it, has been outfit to meet his family of three’s needs for weekend trips and in case of a real “bug out” survival scenario. At only 100 square feet, it’s quite tight inside (you have to be under 5″2′ to stand upright), but he’s made it into quite the neat vacation home complete with live-edge maple countertops and hand-sewn curtains.
Miller recommends gutting the entire ambulance and not trying to save much of the existing cabinetry, since it all interconnected and tough to reassemble. Watch the rest of his video tour with Tiny Home Tours for more tips and tricks!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Bugging Out In His 1989 Army Ambulance!
His rig has a roof-top deck and an awesome awning for outdoor living.
He gutted the entire ambulance and rebuilt it.
The lounge space becomes a queen-sized bed.
VIDEO: 4×4 Ambulance Tiny House – Bug Out Camper
- Retired ambulance
- Used for camping and as a “bug out” vehicle
- $10K conversion
- Queen bed with twin bed underneath
- Live-edge maple counter tops
- Jake’s Japanese Ambulance Bus Conversion w/ Fold-Down Stage
- He Turned A 4×4 Ambulance Into A Custom Off-Road Motorhome
- Bryce Langston’s North American tiny house on wheels: The Campulance ambulance conversion!
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Jonathan and Curtis’ 100% Solar Bus Life Retirement - September 18, 2021
- Sand Pebble Cottage on Cape Cod - September 18, 2021
- Outer Banks Art Deco Geodesic Dome Home - September 17, 2021