What if you want to build a tiny house but have never built anything before? You’re not alone.
A great way to learn, especially if you have no carpentry experience, is to attend a hands on workshop.
This is an experience where you get to design and build integral parts of a tiny home with other participants.
Meanwhile you also get to make friends with other like minded people who also enjoy small spaces and simple living.
Above is a shot of us at Dan’s first Tiny Home Builders workshop in Alpharetta, GA which was an amazing experience. I encourage you to find out more below:
If you’re curious as to how the first workshop went I suggest you watch the video below where some of the attendants share their experiences and thoughts with us.
So if you’ve been on the fence about which workshop to go to or whether or not you think it would be a helpful experience or not then I highly recommend this workshop led by Dan Louche because he’s very knowledgable and experienced with designing and building tiny houses.
Topics you will learn about in the workshop include:
- Tips on designing tiny houses
- Getting by building codes and zoning laws
- What tools you’ll need and how to safely use them
- How to get the best prices on materials
- Where to get trailers for your tiny house build
- How to avoid the most common design & construction mistakes
- How to frame and sheath
- How to do your siding and roofing
- How to install windows and doors
- And how to handle your electricity and plumbing
Another great part of the workshop is all of the great people that you’ll get to meet and build with. And you don’t have to worry about breakfast and lunch as it will be provided for you.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 216 Sq. Ft. Tiny House with Elevator King Bed - July 18, 2018
- 768 Sq. Ft. Cottage with Detached Garage near Lake Cushman - July 18, 2018
- He Built a DIY Tiny House on a Boat Trailer WITHOUT Spending Tons of Money - July 18, 2018