Mary and her husband reached out to show off their amazing 371 square foot garage-turned-tiny-house. The couple wanted a vacation spot on the pricey Coronado Island in California, so they bought the “big home” and then spent $25,000 renovating the adjacent garage into their holiday home.
The result is a sleek and modern one-floor apartment just minutes away from bars, beaches and beauty! While Mary did this so as a vacation property, it’s not a bad idea for your full-time residence depending on permitting rules. You could easily cover a mortgage payment by renting out the main house, and enjoy a tiny “rent-free” life in the garage! What do you think?
Enjoy the photo tour below. Thanks for sharing, Mary!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Sleek & Modern 371 Sq. Ft. Garage Conversion
The main living space with a compact kitchen area.
You walk into the living room.
Television and table and chairs for two.
Door to the bedroom.
A murphy bed means *no loft*
All the basics needed for cooking up a meal on vacation.
Awesome tiled wall in the bathroom!
Step outside onto a little private patio area.
The couple, enjoying beachin’ it!
- Coronado Island in California
- Cost $25,000 to renovate
- 70-year-old garage
- 371 square feet
- 3/4 bathroom
- Studio-style bedroom/living space
- Rent out “big house” to tenants
- 470sf Garage Converted into AMAZING Modern Living Space
- From Garage to Guest House: Rockridge Casita
- Couple’s LEGAL Garage Tiny Home and Van Life
Our big thanks to Mary for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 24×8.5 Dual Loft THOW in Cozy Farmhouse Style - October 5, 2022
- Why They Think Their $90K THOW Was Worth the Investment - October 5, 2022
- They Paid off $50K in Debt With Vanlife! - October 4, 2022