Randy at Cheeky Monkey Tiny House just shared the latest version of their popular “Roomy Retreat” model, which they just delivered to a backyard in LA this week. The owners are going to rent it out.
The house features floating floors (which are ideal for hot weather locations) and tons of windows to let in natural light. For a pop of color, the client chose a purple door which is sure to attract attention. This model has a unique split loft, where you can put the living room above and the guest bedroom nook below. What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
This is Cheeky Monkey’s Most Popular Model!
Here’s what it looks like under the lower loft.
And here’s the view from the living room loft.
What do you think of the flooring choice?
Fridge and microwave.
The bathroom has a lovely bowl sink and flush toilet.
Super purple door!
This is going to make a great backyard tiny house!
Look how spacious the sleeping loft is!
- Dimensions: 28′ x 8.5′
- Square Feet: 309 sq ft
- Starting Price: $75,900
- Two full stairways with storage that include space for hanging clothes as well as shelving
- Dual lofts, one with first floor sleeping and the other with loft sleeping
- 24″ stove and oven, on demand hot water, and two 20 lb propane tanks
- Butcher block bar that can be used for food prep and also doubles as dining for two
- 10 cu ft refrigerator
- The walls are shiplap in all white
- Unlimited hot water with a tankless water heater
- 9000 BTU mini-split heating and air conditioning system
- Standing seam metal roof
- Electrical is RV-style 50 amp service
- Roomy Retreat by Cheeky Monkey
- Follow Cheeky Monkey on Instagram
- Subscribe to the Cheeky Monkey YouTube Channel
- 28 Ft. Roomy Retreat by Cheeky Monkey For Sale: $73.9K
- Blackbird Cheeky Monkey Tiny House is 28 Ft & $80K
- Jude Tiny House by Cheeky Monkey Tiny House
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Tiny House Builders | THOWs
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 1.5 Years Building his $3,000 School Bus Tiny Home - March 20, 2023
- Content Creators & Family in Their 2021 RV - March 20, 2023
- They Went From Homeowners to Van Life - March 19, 2023
love the bottom sleeping area and upper living area.
It’s wonderful that these tiny houses can be so easily modified to suit the buyer! I wouldn’t need that lower sleeping area so would prefer to have a taller ceiling for the living area. Though I don’t have an objection to the floor color, I would want the stair treads and floor to match so would choose the appropriate wood for the floor. The purple, especially that purple, is definitely bold and even though it is a great color, I would probably choose something a bit more soothing. Even a different shade of purple could work but I’m more of a “green” person. To each their own and that’s great! Everyone would have their own preferences. Overall, nicely done and I’d buy in the future with the suggested modifications.
Nice layout and good craftsmanship. But I do not get the flooring. It is ugly and does not suit the rest of the house.
I love this one! I like the old barn wood look to the floors and wow! On the storage.
Right? So much storage!
That door❣ It’s the only reason I decided to check this one out. I like looking at ones that the people are going to live in because it seems like they’re made with more love as a home and not with an eye for “how much money can this make me” but that door stopped me in my tracks 😄. This is a really well thought out and pretty home. And I thought the floors were wonderful they give it a old-fashioned look. All in all I glad I stopped and gave it a look.
So glad you liked that purple door! It was a fun touch, for sure.